Is it worth hunting on a rocky beach?

If you've got a strong scoop, then anything is possible. My question though is, do people frequent that area? Do they go in the water? If the answer is no, or not many, then you might be better off going somewhere else where its a bit easier to hunt.

Some of my best hunting is done hunting the rocks... I prefer hunting such area's because most will shy away because its too much like work... I'll leave it at that ;)

Some of my best hunting is done hunting the rocks... I prefer hunting such area's because most will shy away because its too much like work... I'll leave it at that ;)
Isn't that because you do the research and history shows they were heavy bathing areas that were once sand ? Or do you automatically see rocks like that in the picture and go hunt them ?

Isn't that because you do the research and history shows they were heavy bathing areas that were once sand ? Or do you automatically see rocks like that in the picture and go hunt them ?

Any beach I see Rocks I go right for them... research or not. people are lazy they don't want to hunt rocky spots.... they don't know what they are missing.. its more yellow for me..

Years ago I met a bunch of guys at a beach... I spied a spot at the bottom of slope that was all rocky... I decided to hunt it the others hunted the wet sand and in the water they said where I was hunting was a catch all for trash...

At the end of the hunt they were all skunked and I had 4 gold in my pouch... next day I went back and cleaned up the rest of the gold.... it wasn't a spot for their pulse machines I was killing it with the Sov GT in my opinion best wet sand detector out there... you know when you are over a bottle cap too bad the Nox doesn't have that technology the Nox is the bottlecap king just like the MXT they can rule together :lol:

I will hunt rocky spots before I hunt wet sand or in the water

To me, this is an apples and oranges kind of thing. There has to be a reason why people would frequent this beach to make it worthwhile. If there was a significant shipwreck nearby then it might be a target. As others have suggested, if this was generally a sandy beach that took a big storm hit and concentrated the cobbles and pebbles, then it could still be a target. If this is the normal condition, then either the beach is the best beach around for a significant area and has nice clean water to attract bathers, despite the rocks, or there is or was significant boating/fishing/transport off the beach, perhaps historically. Any rotted pilings? There is no real shortage of sandy beaches in New Jersey that I am aware of, so I don't know how it would be attractive for bathers without very clean, clear marine water, a rare bird in NJ in my experience. The Wyddah wrecked in cobbles and pebbles I think. Smugglers and pirates about? Avast, matey!

I think the king of hunting rocks , can answer that question Cfm-ct , as my opinion , NO WAY HOZAY :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: I like sand NO rocks :D

:lol:

Is that a picture of one of Craig's beaches in Connecticut? :laughing:

no but could be...;)

Close , you ever want a work out , head North , I am fine here :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: PS Craig's the man , he's used to moving rock's , land scape , hunt , climb , rocks not a problem for him :jawdrop::shrug::surrender::yikes::crazy:, OBN can join you for another CT / Craig adventure , Ill pass :hide:

OBN and I were looking at you while we were in water.. he was breaking my 1923 school ring I had found :lol: when you were up ... you were staring down at our rocky shores and I was laughing... your excuse was you brought a sugar sand scoop to the beach... you could have used that scoop just dump the sand and gravel... You didn't want any scratches on that scoop that's it right? :yes:

:lol:

no but could be...;)

OBN and I were looking at you while we were in water.. he was breaking my 1923 school ring I had found :lol: when you were up ... you were staring down at our rocky shores and I was laughing... your excuse was you brought a sugar sand scoop to the beach... you could have used that scoop just dump the sand and gravel... You didn't want any scratches on that scoop that's it right? :yes:
Didn't all of you have floating sifters to dump in ?

Didn't all of you have floating sifters to dump in ?

Earl was on the slope... he was afraid of stink mud and the creatures that live in it... when you stir up the bottom you stir up the snail parasite.. if you are bare legged by evening you will be covered in itchy red welts :lol:

He's hot on your trail , I gave him some pointer's :hornetsnest::hornetsnest::hornetsnest::hornetsnest::thumbsup: he has very good spelling for a 12 year old a mateeeee :jawdrop::pirate2: Ps Metal Detecto here is your tool bro . good luck https://www.amazon.com/LandAirSea-Waterproof-Magnetic-Personal-Location/dp/B06XVZ6Y4T?dchild=1

To address this, I am 11 in AMERICAN age. You can find more about Korean age tradition here: https://www.google.com/search?q=kor...hUKEwi1j_Pst7XwAhWNr54KHXCHDwAQ4dUDCA4&uact=5

And no, I will not interrupt KOB's special hunting grounds. :lol:

Josh

Metal Detecto

Who said it's KOB'S hunting ground's , he doesn't own the beach , If it was me , I would hunt the same beach , before he got their :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: , then tell him , he's on my beach !!!! :detector::hornetsnest::pirate2: You will learn , the only thing I respect is at least 20 feet away !:lol::yes: When I was up CT hunting with Craig , He pulled a Gold ring 20 feet in front of me, On Coin Beach after a storm a guy pulled a perfect English half penny 25 yards in front of me , One morning i was hunting Ocean City Inlet , I was heading North , a guy with an Etrac was heading South , I was just passing the fishing pear , he showed me 7 ring's , 4 were gold , If i had only got their 2 hours earlier , those would have been mine- if my coil went over them , NO MERCY IN THIS HOBBY BRO. Its whoever comes up with the treasure 1st .:dingding:

Who said it's KOB'S hunting ground's , he doesn't own the beach , If it was me , I would hunt the same beach , before he got their :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: , then tell him , he's on my beach !!!! :detector::hornetsnest::pirate2: You will learn , the only thing I respect is at least 20 feet away !:lol::yes: When I was up CT hunting with Craig , He pulled a Gold ring 20 feet in front of me, On Coin Beach after a storm a guy pulled a perfect English half penny 25 yards in front of me , in 3 minutes that would have been mine , no mercy in this hobby , :chaplin:

Sure , why not ? Everybody else does...

Sure , why not ? Everybody else does...

I respect "seasoned" veteran hunters. ;) But I don't know if it's you or just another random detectorist on the beach, if you see me call "HEY DETECTO, SCRAM THIS IS MY LAND" and I'll be runnin' of to another :lol:.

But Surf master, I get the "No mercy" part as I have in our brutal pillow fights with my brother, but no dirty play with GPS. :D

Josh

I metal detect EVERYWHERE I can and then some. Because there are so many detectorists out there; if you want to find something (read - GOLD), you really need to think outside the sandbox and if rocks scare MDers away than that is the place I want to detect. Ohh rocks, they might bend my scoop. GO FOR IT!!! You have no idea what the place looked like 50 or 100 years ago or how popular it might have been at one time.

Btw, I'm a big rock hunter and have the broken Stealth 920s, broken RTG all aluminum sand scoops and lots of gold to prove it.

Gold - 21
Silver - 33

Back
Top Bottom