Theft...

In 2018 we had a problem where someone was (I assume drug addicts) hitting any unlocked vehicle on the south end of our county over a weekend. My wife's vehicle got hit but there was nothing in there they could turn a quick dollar off of (guns, cash, credit card, prescriptions, tools, electronics etc) so they just trashed it. We try not to leave any valuables in the vehicles anymore. Anyways, ring doorbell, and extra lighting along the driveway were added to help with any future incident.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Also remember

I also want to remind you that at end of year they trash the stolen info you reported and you will have to up date it again to keep it in the system......just
(FYI) at least most of them do..........exception the rule still exists

I understand that folk feel they should be able to live in a world that they can leave their belongings in their car and not have them stolen, but that world has in all reality never existed. Leaving valuables in ones car over night when not locked in a garage is pretty much the same as saying one is willing to take the loss. Also consider, HOA neighborhoods are where many comparatively rich people live, it’s prime picking grounds, low hanging fruit and all, and everyone in that business is fully aware of this, security cameras are not a deterrent, Sad yet true.

Have a little fun with thieves.

Leave your car doors unlocked and put a few nicely wrapped boxes in the back seat with name tags on them, such as Happy Birthday Uncle Bob or For A Wonderful Brother, From Sis. Then only you will know that is inside the box is last weeks garbage. When the crook opens the box he will now have to get rid of your garbage. If there is a problem with boxes disappearing from your porch, put a fake UPS sticker on it and again fill it with your garbage. If everybody would do that, it would show the thieves what you think of them. Oldwisconsinguy daid that.

Leave your car doors unlocked and put a few nicely wrapped boxes in the back seat with name tags on them, such as Happy Birthday Uncle Bob or For A Wonderful Brother, From Sis. Then only you will know that is inside the box is last weeks garbage. When the crook opens the box he will now have to get rid of your garbage. If there is a problem with boxes disappearing from your porch, put a fake UPS sticker on it and again fill it with your garbage. If everybody would do that, it would show the thieves what you think of them. Oldwisconsinguy daid that.

Ha. I did this a few years back. Re wrapped all the Christmas trash and left in back of truck. While at Costco someone grabbed them lol.

I live in an apartment complex and have to leave my cay in the parking lot. I park under a street light but still my car was broken into. I had been out detecting all day and was tired. I thought about just leaving my equipment in the car for another hunt the next day. For some reason I decided to take my detector and other equipment inside with me. About four in the morning a police officer knocked on my door saying that my car was one of those broken into.They had broken a window to get inside. The only thing of value that they got was a new set of headphones that i had SkiWhiz make for my detector, I had forgotten to put in in with the rest of my equipment. They had started to try and get my radio but something must have scared them off. The street light and cameras on the parking lot didn't help one bit.

I live in an apartment complex and have to leave my cay in the parking lot. I park under a street light but still my car was broken into. I had been out detecting all day and was tired. I thought about just leaving my equipment in the car for another hunt the next day. For some reason I decided to take my detector and other equipment inside with me. About four in the morning a police officer knocked on my door saying that my car was one of those broken into.They had broken a window to get inside. The only thing of value that they got was a new set of headphones that i had SkiWhiz make for my detector, I had forgotten to put in in with the rest of my equipment. They had started to try and get my radio but something must have scared them off. The street light and cameras on the parking lot didn't help one bit.

Same thing with my Lesche. They must have thought it was an expensive knife.

Josh

Back
Top Bottom