Vanquish 540 Behavior After a Recent Rain

Then maybe that's the difference? Park 1 creates a certain ground balance setting that's very different than what's built-in the Vanquish?

You may be right! But the most reasonable guess is that it's literally 2 times as expensive, you think people will buy it if it was junk? :lol: But the vanquish is awesome, anyone who says that Vanquish sucks is just so uncool.

H.H!

Josh

You may be right! But the most reasonable guess is that it's literally 2 times as expensive, you think people will buy it if it was junk? :lol: But the vanquish is awesome, anyone who says that Vanquish sucks is just so uncool.

H.H!

Josh

But that doesn't explain anything.

That's like saying a car that costs twice as much is better because it's more expensive.

I wonder if it's possible that that the Multi-IQ of the Vanquish is different from the Equinox.

The marketing only says that the Vanquish uses the same Multi-IQ technology. It doesn't say that it works exactly the same way in the Vanquish as it does in the Equinox.

For example, what if all the multi-modes in the Equinox use 3 frequencies at the same time while the Vanquish uses just 2? And 95% of the time, the Vanquish gives the same results as the Equinox.

Yup. Vanquish might have MULTI IQ, but minealb never said how many frequencies in multi. To put it in a better term, I guess, Minelab wants money. So if they make the equinox just as good as the vanquish, no one would want the equinox. So they made the equinox better, as a financial hedge. Who knows, vanquish might be using only 2 frequencies and being called Multi Iq.

Yup. Vanquish might have MULTI IQ, but minealb never said how many frequencies in multi. To put it in a better term, I guess, Minelab wants money. So if they make the equinox just as good as the vanquish, no one would want the equinox. So they made the equinox better, as a financial hedge. Who knows, vanquish might be using only 2 frequencies and being called Multi Iq.

Conventional wisdom says the Equinox is better in other ways, such as:

Fully adjustable iron bias
More sensitivity adjustment
Tone break adjustment
Gold prospecting mode
Waterproof (snorts)
Better recovery speed, including adjustability
Ground balance adjustments
Better coil options (6" versus 8"and 15" versus 12" and 10" versus 11")
Built-in wireless/bluetooth

I know some of these comparisons vary based on what we're comparing (540 to a 600 or a 340 to an 800). But those are some pretty big differences to justify a higher Equinox price even if the Multi-IQ between the Vanquish and Equinox was exactly the same.

Conventional wisdom says the Equinox is better in other ways, such as:

Fully adjustable iron bias
More sensitivity adjustment
Tone break adjustment
Gold prospecting mode
Waterproof (snorts)
Better recovery speed, including adjustability
Ground balance adjustments
Better coil options (6" versus 8"and 15" versus 12" and 10" versus 11")
Built-in wireless/bluetooth

I know some of these comparisons vary based on what we're comparing (540 to a 600 or a 340 to an 800). But those are some pretty big differences to justify a higher Equinox price even if the Multi-IQ between the Vanquish and Equinox was exactly the same.

:thumbsup: Exactly!

Back
Top Bottom