• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Found site of 1884 Bullfight

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
I've been looking for years for the actual location of one of only two authentic Bullfights held in North America. Held in 1884 in Dodge City Kansas and had people from all over the world come to see it. Very excited to see if I can get permission to hunt the site to verify it is the one. Here is a picture of the stadium in 1884 and as it looks today.

Attachments

• 1884-vs-today.jpg
    1884-vs-today.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 457
  • 1884-bullfight-2.jpg
    1884-bullfight-2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 451
I'm going to have to trust in the painstaking research you probably got into this. Because from the pics , I don't see it. Good luck ! But what is the difference between an "Authentic" bullfight and not ?

Good luck. Do you know how many years it was in-use ? If it was for a single event, you might be sorely disappointed. We have a similar site near my area, that , like yours, has glamorous pix. A grandstands seating was even created, etc.... But in use for a single event, and never repeated. And perhaps all of a single coin has ever come from the site, from all the past md'rs that rushed there after seeing the citation in the local history book.

Hopefully yours had years of continuous usage (and hopefully year-round as well).

I think the only thing I can add to this discussion is to say, "Well, now that you've done the research, I think it's time to take the Bull by the Horns" Sorry, I had to. I just couldn't help myself:laughing:

That is great research Detector!! Really excited about connecting this history to a found object - can't wait to see what lurks under that field

i think the only thing i can add to this discussion is to say, "well, now that you've done the research, i think it's time to take the bull by the horns" sorry, i had to. I just couldn't help myself:laughing:

Hope that works out really well for you ! ......Just make sure there's none of these still around :lol:
bull-arena-site-to-metal-detect.jpg

Last edited:
My understanding is in an "Authentic" bull fight, the bull is actually killed by the matadors darts. I remember reading that some animal rights group tried to stop the fight, but obviously lost.

I'm going to have to trust in the painstaking research you probably got into this. Because from the pics , I don't see it. Good luck ! But what is the difference between an "Authentic" bullfight and not ?

I wonder if Marshall Dillon and Festus were still around to see that? Can't imagine Miss Kitty being interested.

Back
Top Bottom