Found a Sovereign using a Sovereign

Slimpickuns

Forum Supporter
Was out hitting the low tide wet sand with my old trusty Sovereign GT and at the bottom of the slope I got a nice mid/low tone...Out popped this beauty! The green crust is from what's left of the 10k ring that is holding the coin via bezel. Must of been marinating in the salty wet for quite some time!

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 558
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 553
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 551
  • 4.1.jpg
    4.1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 555
Definitely cool. For sure leave it the way it is. I bet I know where you found that...lol

That is better than ring itself.... good job on the find.... if it was me I would leave it that way its cool....

:dingding: That's just awesome! What a beautiful coin!!

Such an amazing find that I can't come up with superlatives to do it justice. I'm just in awe that something so beautiful and rare was just sitting there waiting to be found. Happy for you being the one to find it as you have paid your dues and deserve it - congrats!!!!

Now I can see the stampede to go cancel the Manticore pre-orders and the rush to find a good old ML Sovereign.

“Found A Sovereign Using A Sovereign”

Love that! What a great find! I’m with others on this thread; I’d leave it just as you found it. Too cool! :cool:

Now I can see the stampede to go cancel the Manticore pre-orders and the rush to find a good old ML Sovereign.

I’ve got one that I bought for a backup if anyone’s interested! Almost new!

“Hey! Not a joke!”

Bingo ! Nice job. And that external crust enclosure is actually a cool display, if you decided to keep it and not sell it.

Beautiful coin with what looks like a beautiful coral reef surrounding it. I as well would leave it just the way it is.

Now that's really cool .. great find.

I wouldn't touch it, what a special talking point it will be.

Thanks Meggie, definitely gonna leave it the way it is. the thought of soaking it in CLR to dissolve the crust did cross my mind at one point, only because I'm curious about the date on the coin, but like you said, its a neat conversation piece :yes:

Freaking awesome. Congratulations

Thanks Ccarson!

Definitely cool. For sure leave it the way it is. I bet I know where you found that...lol

Thanks KOB! ;)

HOLY CARP that is so cooooool... MAJOR congrats and good to see your post Slim!

Thanks GroundSweeper! I don't post my finds much anymore, but I felt that this one was special and deserved a thread :yes:

That is better than ring itself.... good job on the find.... if it was me I would leave it that way its cool....

Thanks Craig! I'm definitely leaving it as-is :yes:

Wow talk about yellow, nice find!!!

Thanks cellrdwellr! Yea that pure gold yellow sure does look perrrrrdy! :D

:dingding: That's just awesome! What a beautiful coin!!

Thanks for the dingers Felix! :D

Beautiful coin! :shock::wow:

(PS:Love your thread title! :D )

Thanks SeabeeRon! I see by your signature that you still use a Sov. GT.. :waytogo:

Such an amazing find that I can't come up with superlatives to do it justice. I'm just in awe that something so beautiful and rare was just sitting there waiting to be found. Happy for you being the one to find it as you have paid your dues and deserve it - congrats!!!!

Thanks George! Yea its crazy some of the stuff the beaches hold just waiting to be uncovered. Thankfully recent high surf and large swells uncovered enough sand to expose some good targets within detecting range. It was definitely fun while it lasted!

:lol: The Sov. GT is a great beach machine no doubt, hip mounted is the way to go If you use one due to the weight of the control box, otherwise I can see why so many people use an Equinox or the soon to come Manticore. A lot of people like to go by the numbers too, me personally I like the tones on the Sov. GT and know them like the back of my hand after so many years of using one..

Very nice all the way around and the pics to go with it too!

Thanks LNCB!

“Found A Sovereign Using A Sovereign”

Love that! What a great find! I’m with others on this thread; I’d leave it just as you found it. Too cool! :cool:

Thanks Raider5! Yes definitely leaving it alone as-is

Bingo ! Nice job. And that external crust enclosure is actually a cool display, if you decided to keep it and not sell it.

Thanks Tom! Gonna keep it as-is and definitely not selling it.

Love the sovereign detector and the coin👍

Thanks metaladdict! Yea I love my Sov. Gt too, Its an awesome beach machine. I have thought about getting an Equinox 600 but I figure the Sov GT still pulls plenty of gold so I just don't feel I need to upgrade yet. I don't think the Manticore will change that feeling but its too early to tell...I know one thing for sure, the price tag on the Manticore makes my wallet sad...

Back
Top Bottom