Buggy ID Plate

montanamuzik

Elite Member
Been working on finishing a door package in shop so while I was waiting for the ones I had set up to dry took the detector outside for a walk. I have tried several times over the last few weeks and ground has been frozen solid but the warm weather is thawing it in spots. Dug just one target in 10 minutes or so, an old ID tag from a horse drawn buggy. Although there arrent any visible remnants of a homestead here after I started detecting I found there most certainly was activity. Dug lots of old brass, a few coins (1890-1905) and several old Indian War era military buttons. Very happy it is getting to be digging time again. Hope my pro pointer comes home soon. (sent it in for repairs)

Attachments

• buggy plate 006.JPG
    buggy plate 006.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 295
Very nice find. I unearthed a similar tag from a carriage and sleigh company based in Michigan this summer past.

Go to Google and paste the following in the search field; geo f thompson and son buggy company minneapolis. The google books result "little sketches of big folks, Minnestoa 1907" has info regarding your find under the name Howard A. Maxfield. There are other search engine returns to look at as well.

GL and HH.

to me relics like these are so much cooler than finding old coins.even low mintage coins are in the hundrd thousands range.how many of these do you think were made thousand tops probably.congrats on a unique find

Thanks all. I did a google search on the maker and an Ebay auction came up which was a written delivery invoice from George Thompson to Missoula Merchantile here in Mt about 40 miles away from me from 1906. I thought that was interesting.

Back
Top Bottom