Big Etrac Coil?- 12x15sef or 15"wot or None!

rluna

Elite Member
My hunting buddy has an Etrac and wants to get those deeper coins
and has narrowed it down to these two.

Although more depth is important to him I told him also to get a
larger coil that has good separation for it's size.

Weight isn't that much of an issue because either one of these
on an Etrac will be heavy.

I use to have an Ultimate 13" on my Etrac and loved it but know
nothing about these other two.

Hoping some of you could take the time to post your experiences with either of these coils.

Thanks much,

Rand (nightdigger)

I am looking at a etrac myself.

While I dont have the funds yet, I just want to know what to buy before I just buy stuff first. I have way too many coils laying around the house that dont get used. I do want the etrac, and would love to hear what coils a guy who hunt old silver in parks would need?

I'd run a 13in on an E-trac as it's primarily a coin detector. I like 15in coils more for relic hunting. I had a 15in WOT on my old Explorer and did not care for it.

I'd run a 13in on an E-trac as it's primarily a coin detector. I like 15in coils more for relic hunting. I had a 15in WOT on my old Explorer and did not care for it.

Relic hunts, how does it do in heavy iron? Without starting a new thread about open and closed screen, do you prefer the Etrac for relics or no?

Relic hunts, how does it do in heavy iron? Without starting a new thread about open and closed screen, do you prefer the Etrac for relics or no?

No, the E-trac is a great coin detector but there are much better detectors for relic hunting IMO. I'll usually grab my F75 or V3i for relics. I've hunted cellar holes with my Explorers and Etrac but I feel the F75 and V3i are far superior for that task. The super fast recovery on the F75 is a big help in sites with heavy trash or iron. I try to avoid using the E-trac at sites with heavy iron and trash, I feel it's a bit slow, but I'm still fairly new to it, so it might just be me basing this on my experience with the Explorers. If you do a lot of relic hunting I'd still suggest getting an F75 or V3i and keeping the E-trac for coins.

No that makes perfect sense.

No, the E-trac is a great coin detector but there are much better detectors for relic hunting IMO. I'll usually grab my F75 or V3i for relics. I've hunted cellar holes with my Explorers and Etrac but I feel the F75 and V3i are far superior for that task. The super fast recovery on the F75 is a big help in sites with heavy trash or iron. I try to avoid using the E-trac at sites with heavy iron and trash, I feel it's a bit slow, but I'm still fairly new to it, so it might just be me basing this on my experience with the Explorers. If you do a lot of relic hunting I'd still suggest getting an F75 or V3i and keeping the E-trac for coins.

Having seen the Etrac in use I concur that the F75 is faster. The Etrac does better when used slow. But I can cover more ground with the F75 or AT Pro. Im just not pulling the old silver like the etrac does. One of the reasons is the EMI issue. I just wont open my F75 up in town. I have soiled myself with low sens and no disc on the F75. Do you run your F75 wide open?

Having seen the Etrac in use I concur that the F75 is faster. The Etrac does better when used slow. But I can cover more ground with the F75 or AT Pro. Im just not pulling the old silver like the etrac does. One of the reasons is the EMI issue. I just wont open my F75 up in town. I have soiled myself with low sens and no disc on the F75. Do you run your F75 wide open?

I generally hunt fields and woods away from EMI with the F75. I always hunt with the F75 opened up for the most part, especially since it runs much smoother with the disc between 6-12 vs. higher or lower. I'm sure you've read this, but keeping the disc in that sweet spot will cut down on EMI and calm it down significantly for some reason. I actually pulled 3 silver coins from a yard with high trash using the F75 that all my other detectors had missed over the years. I really need to field test the V3i, F75, and E-trac side by side in the field but it's hard carrying 3 detectors haha

I don't have a etrac now,but when I did I had the ultimate coil,I didn't see a big difference over the pro coil,I think that pro coil is hard to beat

I don't have a etrac now,but when I did I had the ultimate coil,I didn't see a big difference over the pro coil,I think that pro coil is hard to beat

I agree, I think it's one of the best stock coils out there. I with the F75 and V3i had a coil similar to the pro coil on the E-trac. Thin profile, light, and deep.

15 inch SEF is awesome - I love it.

What about at old parks Andrew?

He's not a relic hunter at all so I'm wondering how the larger coil is
going to fair at Old Parks which is where he hunts most of the time?

Not an over amount of iron like at an old farmstead but definitely
has your typical park trash....some open areas of the park a little
less.

Are the larger coils even worth using at old parks?

Rand

Back
Top Bottom