First Hunt of 2016

61chip

Elite Member
MoBob and I got out 1/1 for our first hunt of the year. Went back to the huge field we recently got permission for and managed a few meager finds. We both found some camp lead, rivets, harmonica reeds, and 2 IH each. Bob hasn't pulled dates off his yet. Mine were post war -- 1889 & 1892. Bob also found a cool little cow bell and I got a suspender clip with an elephant on it. Nothing great but we had fun, even digging tthrough the snow and mud

Attachments

• IMG_20160103_31852.jpg
    IMG_20160103_31852.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20160103_10523.jpg
    IMG_20160103_10523.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_20160103_21758.jpg
    IMG_20160103_21758.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 170
Nice coins. I like the suspender buckle too. I hate it when I dig a coin while I'm relic hunting and its post war. I have dug about 6 that were only a few years after civil war.

Nice hunt.

If we found block buster finds all the time-- we would be bored, and hence stay home or quit the hobby.

Congrats

Time with friends when spent--- can"t buy that no matter how rich!!!

Glad you guys got out. Looks like you may be narrowing it down. If memory serves me right that was a HUGE field you showed in a previous photo. Nice finds and a good start to the year.

Getting out is all that matters ;)

You got it! Especially fun to hunt with a good friend

Nice coins. I like the suspender buckle too. I hate it when I dig a coin while I'm relic hunting and its post war. I have dug about 6 that were only a few years after civil war.

Yeah, I agree about the post war coins -- but I make an exception for IH's. They are some of my favorite coins to dig

Off to a great start!

Thanks, man. Nothing I can really pin down to CW, but some could be. The area we are hunting is a known bushwacker hangout -- they used anything they could get there hands on

Nice hunt.

If we found block buster finds all the time-- we would be bored, and hence stay home or quit the hobby.

Congrats

Time with friends when spent--- can"t buy that no matter how rich!!!

I don't know buddy, it would take me years to get bored finding CW relics every hunt! But I do get what you mean -- since we don't, it makes he good finds even better. Just like hunting with friends

Glad you guys got out. Looks like you may be narrowing it down. If memory serves me right that was a HUGE field you showed in a previous photo. Nice finds and a good start to the year.

Thanks, Seven. It was good to get out again. This area should hold more goods. It is a large tract of land and we've barely touched it so far. We don't know of any certain camps, but the area is right for the times

That's a good start guys. Nice finds

Thanks, Tim

Bet those rings blew your ears out... You're close boys!!! Go get em

We're gonna keep working it! Don't know about any specific camps there but the area is a known bushwacker hangout. Its kinda like searching for a needle in a haystack. If we find a honeyhole, we will back off till you get up here to hit it with us

Back
Top Bottom