• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Elite Member
AREA-51 had some time to get out this eve and hunt for a while at a site that he lost his root saw. We get to the site a little after 7 pm tonight I turn on my detector and gave it 1 swing and found this 1712 2 reale in awesome shape. 51 was still getting all buckled up with his gear and figured what an awesome start! We hunted a little over an hour and this is what I found. Also think I found part of a sword holder. ....HH.... 401K Is the coin Spanish?..................... Update.... arcelona, Spain, milled 2 reales, Charles III Pretender, 1712. CT-21. 4.5 grams. Nicely toned Fine, somewhat off-center as usual, popular type reportedly struck under the supervision of Sir Isaac Newton.

Attachments

• DSC00310.JPG
    DSC00310.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,305
  • DSC00311.JPG
    DSC00311.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,306
  • DSC00314.JPG
    DSC00314.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,302
  • DSC00305.JPG
    DSC00305.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,295
Kinda a strange coin? Been researching it and came up empty! Got this coin book and cannot find it. Looked online and found CAROLUS III in the later 1700 early 1800s. Found CAROLUS II in the late 1600s. Philip V took rule of Spain in the year 1700 and before that it was CAROLUS II. Maybe someone forgot to tell the maker of this coin that there were no successors named Carolus after Carolus II for that time period. If anyone has any info on this coin please post the links. ....HH.... 401K

Attachments

• DSC00319.JPG
    DSC00319.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 1,265
Incredible coin in incredible condition! Wow! Eye-popping! Was this in CT? Way to go, my friend... if that is not your dig of the year... than I am even more jealous than I already am! :D

Thanks BB! The only similar likeness that I found is a 1682 coin.

Attachments

• DSC00321.JPG
    DSC00321.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,278
Uber finds 401k.

I see what I think is a pocket watch back in the top middle of the group target photo. Were you able to pull a date from it?

Congrats on the old spanish.

Yes, very nice, Charles III Pretender 2 Reales. I dug a 1707 Pretender cob several years back.

When I seen the subject line saying 1712 this type of coin is immediately what came to mind... and sure enough it is. I have always liked these.

Amazing find!!!!

I surely hope I find something I don't what it is and then have it ID'd right here. Great stuff guys. :yes:

That's a real nie find.Well done!
Thanks RI!

Holy Smokes!!My eyes have popped:shock:Asking again was that found in CT.??
YA It was found in CT on the road I live on. Thanks

Uber finds 401k.

I see what I think is a pocket watch back in the top middle of the group target photo. Were you able to pull a date from it?

Congrats on the old spanish.
No date on the watch plate. Thanks!

Awesome find! Anywhere, what you seems to be a Spanish Carolus III 2 reales coin. http://silveragecoins.com/en/details.php?item=31
THANKS for the info!

That's incredible!! Congrats! Could you show it's size relative to a quarter. I'm having trouble visualizing it's size.
here is a picture Thanks

Wow, Incredible
Thanks!

GREAT FIND! Green with envy! (I have yet to find a spanish coin or break into the 1700s :mad:)
Hope you find many! Thanks!

Amazing find!!!! Thanks!

I surely hope I find something I don't what it is and then have it ID'd right here. Great stuff guys. :yes:
It works when there is positive ID. Some finds are unique and for someone to place a positive ID on them without the proper references can be damaging. Thanks!

That is incredible! Unbelievable good condition! Congrats!
Thanks! I think it's my best shaped Spanish reales

1st off let me begin by saying WOW!

:wow: Dude you must be on cloud 9! WTG!

Huge Congrats!
Thanks Reb! NA no cloud 9. Spanish reales dont excite me as much as old relics. They are just trade silver made by the millions. If it was more rare now that would get me to the financial cloud, but still not colonial north american made. THANKS EVERYONE!! ....HH.... 401K

Attachments

• DSC00326.JPG
    DSC00326.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,099
Incredible find! I have not seen many of those dug around on any of the forums, so congrats to you!

Back
Top Bottom