civil war camp

I

irving

I recently dug a US buckle while searching for a possible civil war camp. I only found 1 sharps bullet and a canteen spout before finding the buckle. I have pictured some other items that were at the site. I don't know what the Marine insignia was doing there. Also found a 1942 dog tag(for dog). A lead salt shaker top, also. I am using an older minelab explorer(the first model). I am not using the iron mask feature, because of the different sounds, preferring to hunt with a steady threshold tone and avoiding iron at this time. I want brass and lead, until I locate the actual campsite that I think is near. Also, I can purchase a Fisher cz 3d that is like new for 400.00. Which machine should I use for relic hunting? I used a whites spectrum for years and years, until I got the explorer. Any tips would be nice...........Thanks

Attachments

• MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 453
WOW Irvin! Great finds.

I like my ML explore too.

If you need help finding that camp, I know someone that would gladly help ya! LOL

Well, I found a carbine sling buckle today, along with a few spencer casings. No lead, though. Got something that I don't know what it is. Will photo tomorrow and put on, in hopes somebody can identify....Thanks for the comments.......Rv

Was this stuff found on private land?? If I ever found one of those buckles I would flip out. Man thats a nice find. Here in the North, its all coins. Great finds!

Back
Top Bottom