• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ny Civil War Button,1901 Barber & 41 Merc!!!

HEAVYMETALNUT

Forum Supporter
hi everyone!
hit a old site along a river here in ct.first good find was a 1901 barber quarter.then out popped a 41 merc.picked up so old pottery and glass fragments on the rocky shore.i was in a small grassy area and about 4 inches down out came a nice old button it was right next to a huge piece of iron.why i found it i'm not sure.i was not sure what it was until i got home.it has a eagle sittin on top of a ny state crest with the words EXCELSIOR underneath.on the back its marked waterbury button.i beleive it's a civil war ny state militia button? also dug what looks to be a brass plate that wraps around the the back heel of a boot.wondering if this was civil war era as well? found a small brass ring and some other odds n ends.any comments on these finds would be appreciated as far as civil war items
thanks,
dave

Attachments

• MAY 1 OLD BUTTON BEFORE.jpg
    MAY 1 OLD BUTTON BEFORE.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 405
  • MAY 1 OLD BUTTONAFTER FRONT SIDE 001.jpg
    MAY 1 OLD BUTTONAFTER FRONT SIDE 001.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 402
  • MAY 1 OLD BUTTON AFTER BACK SIDE.jpg
    MAY 1 OLD BUTTON AFTER BACK SIDE.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 408
  • MAY 1 OLD SITE FINDS reg.jpg
    MAY 1 OLD SITE FINDS reg.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 379
Congrats on the silver and great looking relics HMN! I seem to recall seeing a similar button that was also identified as civil war era. Does Waterbury refer to the company or where it was made? I noticed you were from Waterbury, CT and was wondering if that was just a coincidence.

No Coincidence

Congrats on the silver and great looking relics HMN! I seem to recall seeing a similar button that was also identified as civil war era. Does Waterbury refer to the company or where it was made? I noticed you were from Waterbury, CT and was wondering if that was just a coincidence.
THE WATERBURY BUTTON COMPANY WAS IN MY CITY OF WATERBURY BACK IN THE DAY

Back
Top Bottom