Some civil war stuff

bearbqd

Elite Member
As I stated in my last thread, I had my eye on an area near Harpers Ferry. These are the items I found in two days of a couple hours of hunting. The nice three ringer is one of the most perfect I have ever found as is the Sharps bullet. I think the Sharps is actually a Richmond labs style sharps. I found it doing one of my field habits that finally paid off. Anytime I come across a fallen tree I detect the bottom of the roots and dirt and the hole it was planted in. Oddly, at the end of the roots where there was significant dirt I got a solid iron signal. I kicked some of the dirt away and saw the end of the Sharps bullet sticking out. The iron signal was still in the dirt but then I got the good tone of the bullet too before I plucked it out. The triangle and hook are typical pieces to a soldiers backpack. I also found a flat button with "double gilt" on the back and a typical eagle union general service button from a kepi or cuff. Also found were some other bullets including a Williams cleaner bullet, and a lantern piece.

Attachments

• Halltownrelics.jpg
    Halltownrelics.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 466
=)

is that third from the right the type of miniball they filled with explosives?

I don't know why, but Harpers Ferry sounds really familiar. I think I was reading about Harpers Ferry in an encyclopedia not long ago.

These are great finds bear, beautiful bullets man.

Some Civil War stuff

That certainly is a nice grouping of finds. Looks like a very good hunt site. Congratulations !!

Taylor,
The third item from the right is the Williams cleaner.:yes:

Harpers Ferry was the sight of many Civil War actions, the history is quite interesting. I love those bullets Bear. In my 3 years of hunting, I've only found one of those. HH!

Back
Top Bottom