Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Kellyco Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Old 01-19-2018, 06:39 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Pyriteboy View post
Hey Tom & George,
Wednesday the 17th I did a recon at 3 beaches in the South Bay and came home with a sad sack. Big waves, no wind, little downhill current. Today (Friday the 19th) went down to take a look and what do you know?...Big waves, no wind, little downhill current....the beach is eroding back for sure, but where is it eroding down?....might try later today when the tide drops a bit, or tomorrow with the help of some wind before the swell backs off.

Jerry
Good to hear from you Jerry! Yes, the beaches of north Orange County were disappointing on Wednesday as well. The surf looks somewhat more promising today and a predicted strong onshore wind this evening might be just enough to tip the scales in our favor. Good luck everyone!

Old 01-19-2018, 10:45 PM
Elite Member

Im going to try a beach tomorrow night, will post pics if I get anything good!

Old 01-19-2018, 11:21 PM
Elite Member

I got into a fun little spot @ today's low tide: 41 coins and 3 silver rings. No gold durnit.