• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Nox Cover Resource?

Diggum

Elite Member
I'm looking for a screen cover for the Equinox I ordered, today. I have shrink-wrap bags as a backup, but I'm not thrilled with that option, having used it on my Deus previously. I contacted the only seller in the USA of this cover, but no reply (saw another thread where no reply was given, so not money shall be, either, if that's how they do business). So, is there anyone else in the USA that makes a good quality Nox box cover?

Thanks!

I'm looking for a screen cover for the Equinox I ordered, today. I have shrink-wrap bags as a backup, but I'm not thrilled with that option, having used it on my Deus previously. I contacted the only seller in the USA of this cover, but no reply (saw another thread where no reply was given, so not money shall be, either, if that's how they do business). So, is there anyone else in the USA that makes a good quality Nox box cover?

Thanks!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Minelab-Eq...ab+equinox&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

Deanos cover. Very nice cover.

Thanks, guys, but that's the guy that doesn't respond to messages. If that's the kind of service given BEFORE you buy, then I'm not interested in giving him my money.

Any other ideas? I've looked at the ones from Ukraine, and the fit/finish/color doesn't grab me.

If I could make these myself, I would. :no:

I have one of Deanos covers. I really like it. It fits nice and snug and I'm sure will last a long time. That being said, I don't blame you for not buying his products if he's not responsive to potential buyers. It was the only cover I could find and the price was right so I bought it.

I have the Deanos covers on all of my detectors. Like you, i emailed him and got no reply.. but no problems whatsoever with the product or shipping time after placing the order. Very good covers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, guys, but that's the guy that doesn't respond to messages. If that's the kind of service given BEFORE you buy, then I'm not interested in giving him my money.

Any other ideas? I've looked at the ones from Ukraine, and the fit/finish/color doesn't grab me.

If I could make these myself, I would. :no:

Why would you need to contact them? Fork over the dough and reap the benefits. :yes:
In all seriousness, it's a good cover, shipped fast. I've dunked it in the ocean numerous times and seems like it'll hold up. My only quip about it is, you have to remove the coil cable to secure it on. Maybe velcro would've been a more convenient option.

Glad you guys are happy with Dean's, but I'm not into rewarding poor customer service. I'd rather go elsewhere for it.

Congrats on the nox!

This guy seems to have a different styled one on his nox(?)

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=264227

Maybe he’ll chime in.

You get the 6 or 800?

Jelly either way!

GS, thanks for the link! I'll contact Staffydog33 and ask him.

And don't be jelly, yo! :yes: I have the 800 on the way. It should be here Thursday. Woohoo!!! It's rekindled the subconscious fires, and I'm dreaming about detecting, again. New machine, new challenges, old finds!!! Woohoo!!!

I was trawling eBay last night, and saw that one of the Ukraine sellers (vintagesnowflake), who have better fit and finish than the Russian sellers, offered their cover in black. It wasn't as a selection at the top of the ad, but in the body of the ad, so I PMed the seller and they got right back to me to tell me to just put my color choice into a message to them.

Search for a cover is over! Thanks, all.

I have bought 3 of the Equinoxcovers from Dean and love them! I have also dealt with Vintagesnowflake on eBay buying several different covers and all were exceptional quality.

Glad Dean's covers fit, guys, but as I've stated, customer service means a lot to me, and he does not respond to e-mails. He lost my business. Vintagesnowflake got my business.

Vintagesnowflake was very responsive. My new cover should be arriving soon, and I'll let y'all know how it fits.

I thought these covers could cause a heat problem and the screen to go blank.

I thought these covers could cause a heat problem and the screen to go blank.

Hmmm.

I had read that elsewhere as well a while ago.

Since the Nox is waterproof to begin with, I only bought one to keep from killing the visibility of the face over time. I get down and dirty with my gloves and the hood I have on my F70 has kept that baby good as new for years.

I'll be cutting some breather holes in the back of my Nox hood now.

Thanks for the inadvertent reminder. :lol::grin:

Just picked up my Nox cover today, and I'm super happy with the quality! Here are the pics, in situ.

Attachments

• 20180827_185746.jpg
    20180827_185746.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 197
  • 20180827_185753.jpg
    20180827_185753.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 192
  • 20180827_185822.jpg
    20180827_185822.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 198
  • 20180827_185831.jpg
    20180827_185831.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 194
Glad you guys are happy with Dean's, but I'm not into rewarding poor customer service. I'd rather go elsewhere for it.

GS, thanks for the link! I'll contact Staffydog33 and ask him.

And don't be jelly, yo! :yes: I have the 800 on the way. It should be here Thursday. Woohoo!!! It's rekindled the subconscious fires, and I'm dreaming about detecting, again. New machine, new challenges, old finds!!! Woohoo!!!

your loss, i as well have a deanos protector on my nox fits perfect the guy ships fast im happy with mine

Just picked up my Nox cover today, and I'm super happy with the quality! Here are the pics, in situ.

Diggum --

VERY nice cover!!

Just wanted to say a couple of things. I am TOTALLY with you, on the customer service. You sound like a very "principled" person, as am I, and so I can respect that.

That said, I was surprised to hear you had bad experience with Dean. I don't know him, BUT, I have bought three covers from him over the past year, through ebay; all three shipped fast, are of high quality, and I have had zero issues.

SO, the "no email response" thing surprises me. One thing I would say, and I may be TOTALLY off base, is I wonder if he has email issues (he no longer uses the email address you used...messages going to his spam folder, etc.)?

My point is this...I am a seller as well, and just yesterday, I found out that my email address (Hotmail, run by Microsoft) WILL NOT receive emails that are generated through another popular metal detecting forum (Treasure Depot). Any message sent from a Depot member, through that website, never arrives in my inbox. Since learning of the issue, I have now been in contact with both Microsoft and with the Depot's webmaster, and after digging into the issue, it turns out it's a case of the server the Depot runs on currently being "blacklisted" by Microsoft (through no fault of the Depot). Problem is, the person sending the email never gets notified that the email was not sent -- and so, to the buyer, what it appears is that I am not answering their emails! I hate the idea that this may be negatively affecting my attempts to do business properly; I am left to wonder how many potential buyers -- like you -- may have tried to contact me, gotten no response, and thus assumed "poor customer service" on my part.

I guess my point is, there may be other things going on there...because he otherwise has very high ratings as a seller on ebay and I've never heard of anyone doing business with him having any issues. So something seems off...

Anyway just wanted to throw that out there, FWIW. But overall, I am in total agreement with you -- poor customer service means I do not do business with that company.

Steve

Diggum --

VERY nice cover!!

Just wanted to say a couple of things. I am TOTALLY with you, on the customer service. You sound like a very "principled" person, as am I, and so I can respect that.

That said, I was surprised to hear you had bad experience with Dean. I don't know him, BUT, I have bought three covers from him over the past year, through ebay; all three shipped fast, are of high quality, and I have had zero issues.

SO, the "no email response" thing surprises me. One thing I would say, and I may be TOTALLY off base, is I wonder if he has email issues (he no longer uses the email address you used...messages going to his spam folder, etc.)?

My point is this...I am a seller as well, and just yesterday, I found out that my email address (Hotmail, run by Microsoft) WILL NOT receive emails that are generated through another popular metal detecting forum (Treasure Depot). Any message sent from a Depot member, through that website, never arrives in my inbox. Since learning of the issue, I have now been in contact with both Microsoft and with the Depot's webmaster, and after digging into the issue, it turns out it's a case of the server the Depot runs on currently being "blacklisted" by Microsoft (through no fault of the Depot). Problem is, the person sending the email never gets notified that the email was not sent -- and so, to the buyer, what it appears is that I am not answering their emails! I hate the idea that this may be negatively affecting my attempts to do business properly; I am left to wonder how many potential buyers -- like you -- may have tried to contact me, gotten no response, and thus assumed "poor customer service" on my part.

I guess my point is, there may be other things going on there...because he otherwise has very high ratings as a seller on ebay and I've never heard of anyone doing business with him having any issues. So something seems off...

Anyway just wanted to throw that out there, FWIW. But overall, I am in total agreement with you -- poor customer service means I do not do business with that company.

Steve

Thank you, Steve. I appreciate the nod to the cover I purchased from the Ukraine. It's a nice one, and the seller was very responsive. Yes, customer service means a lot to me. eBay has its own message system, and though someone may not get the notification to their personal e-mail that they have an eBay message, when they go into their eBay account, they are notified that they have a message.

I don't doubt Dean's quality of his Products, but no response to a potential customer's queries is a non-starter for me. Cheers!

Thank you, Steve. I appreciate the nod to the cover I purchased from the Ukraine. It's a nice one, and the seller was very responsive. Yes, customer service means a lot to me. eBay has its own message system, and though someone may not get the notification to their personal e-mail that they have an eBay message, when they go into their eBay account, they are notified that they have a message.

I don't doubt Dean's quality of his Products, but no response to a potential customer's queries is a non-starter for me. Cheers!

Wow, Diggum, I didn't know you sent email to his ebay message system. I thought you meant you contacted him via personal email. If you sent him an email on ebay, and he didn't respond, no excuses there. I don't blame you...

Thanks!

Steve

Back
Top Bottom