Can’t sync iPhone with Nox

LIBear

Forum Supporter
Anyone else having have a problem syncing their phone to the Nox? I’ve done a FP to see if there was some sort of glitch but it didn’t help. Tried syncing it to 3 other iPhones in my home and it didn’t work. I contacted Minelab with the problem and I’m waiting to hear back. Just figured I would see if it’s a common issue.

I don't know that you can link a smart phone directly to the Equinox . I know the ML 80 wireless headphones will link to a smart phone and the Equinox . I do not see anything in the manual about pairing the Nox directly to a phone . Do you know of anybody that has done this ?

Not sure how your buddy did it but I do not believe you can sync the Nox itself. I have synced my I phone to the ML80 headphones on both my EQ600 and EQ800 with no issues and have received and answered a couple calls while out detecting.

I am wih Choppa on this.
I looked around. I have not seen anyone else with problems syncing iPhone.

I could be wrong though.
I have posed this question on another forum.

Last edited:
When I'm saying I cant sync with the Nox I'm meaning the headphones. I can get the headphones to sync to the machine and I can now get the headphones to sync to my phone but not sync the headphones to the phone and to the detector at the same time.

You can pair the headphones with 2 devices but you must do them individually at first or it will mess it all up.

Pair with Nox first. (phone bluetooth off)

then TURN the Nox and Headphones off

turn on headphones in pairing mode and then enable bluetooth on phone and pair to phone.

Turn your Nox back on and make sure it automatically pairs back up at the same time. Then should be good to go.

Now when you turn either the nox or the phone or both on it will be paired to both devices. It should save your pairing. Don't put headphones back in pair mode or you will lose your setup.

They key is to do one at time without the other being on or bluetooth on or everytime you try to pair to the second device you'll lose your pairing to the first one.

OK guys thanks for your input. Still couldn’t get it to work so I contacted Minelab.The service man said that the iPhone 6 is not compatible with equinox 600 or 800. They guy said unless iPhone includes certain new software in their updates in the future. So my question goes out to the forum,does anyone have an iPhone 6 that is hooked to the headphones on the Nox?

Back
Top Bottom