How is this for service??

That’s great turn time for a repair! A little bothersome that it seemed like pulling teeth to get the full detail on what was addressed, but that seems to have become common with many CS departments lately that have otherwise very good service. I’ve experienced the same with Bose aviation headsets, David Clark headsets, Lightspeed headsets, Autel Robotics drones, and Garrett (pinpointer service) over the last year, so Minelab is in pretty good company there. Seems you always have to ask very specific questions to find out what was done during service/warranty repair with all of these places now, otherwise they all are perfectly happy just to fix the item and return it with no real explanation - I guess they figure people don’t really care anymore, as long as it works and they don’t get changed*.

*oops - charged, not changed. I hate when I post from my iPad...thinks it’s smarter than me!

Last edited:
this has been my experience since they opened new repair service in PA. Always next day repair turn around. Equinox and Etrac.

Wobbly shaft inquiry

Anyone send theirs in to correct the problem? Turnaround time? Just curious as I just got the 600 about a week ago and it does seem to wobble a little. I can live with it for now...just hope it doesn't get worse.

That's pretty good customer service. I would happily accept that as a "great" result. The only better CS I've seen is Garrett. When my Pro-Pointer AT wasn't working as I expected, I called, and they emailed me an RMA and shipping label, and the same day they saw that I had shipped the old one back, they shipped me a new one.

That's the exception rather than the rule though...but Minelab's CS seems to be excellent. One more reason to put the Nox on my wish list

I purchased a new CTX3030 a couple months ago and when I received it I noticed the control head had some play in it as well as the audio signal would just randomly drop out. I contacted Minelab and they sent me a RMA number. Only hours after shipping out the defective unit I had a tracking number for a new replacement unit that was on its way to me. A total of 4 days between the time I emailed Minelab and having a replacement detector in my hands.
You just cannot beat that type of customer service.

Back
Top Bottom