Minelab X-Terra question

John Madill

Elite Member
Minelab seems to have the best intro detectors with the Vanquish line. Most people say the machines detect way beyond their price.

And they have the Equinox machines that are very popular high end models.

So i wonder how the X-Terra line seems to fit. Looking on line they seem to be priced similar to the Vanquish models. To achieve different frequencies it seems like extra coils need to be purchased.

Any one here use them? What would make them preferable to a Vanquish?

thanks!

I used an X-Terra for a few years when I first started detecting and I really enjoyed it but after using the Equinox I never picked it up again and eventually sold it, On top of the Multi IQ the Nox is soooo much faster and I think you would find the same goes for the Vanquish too. I loved my 705 but I would go with the Vanquish for sure.

I still own a Xterra 705 it was and still is my go to machine i have always felt the Xterra 705 was one of the most underrated detectors to ever be produced I still feel that way
the thing with the 705 it does have a fairly high learning cure to it but once you learn all of its capabilities i do not feel you would be disappointed the Xterra line was actually the first multi frequency machines produced but it was achieved by changing coils

there is also a fantastic book written by a gentleman by the name of Randy Horton it is called (understanding your xterra) it is free to download on the mine lab site it is chocked full of information about all the Xterras.

I purchased the 705 back in 09 or 2010 i have never felt the need to upgrade to anything others perceive as better i also purchased a garret ATP at the same time, which i have always felt was over rated and way over hyped.

The 705 at one time was around $700 when i purchased mine it was not considered a beginners detector

I got the X-Terra when they were first introduced. I used them for a year or two until the 6" coil was introduced. Since then i have used my dealer friend's XT-705 to do some comparisons with other makes and models.

I have also owned three of the Vanquish 540 Pro Pack packages and I would strongly suggest the V-540 over the X-Terra, if you are shopping to get into this great sport with a different detector. It depends on what kind of shopping budget you have allowed as I could have other suggestions as well.

Monte

Back
Top Bottom