• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Scrammed from city park, look what I found

RockieBoston

Took me a week to get my nerve back after my first encounter with a park ranger. Went to a less patrolled city park and found a large cent, WWII pin, 1901 IHP and my first intact crotal bell. And a little cross country team pin.

Ha!

91562ed6ad3ef167d98a4422e8880fe1.jpg
675bffcfc434357dc03b2784d94c7ae7.jpg

The crotal bell is my white whale, I have found pieces of them and last week found half of one but have yet to find a complete one. Congrats on some great finds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice going, Rockie ! Now look for a Park Ranger to turn over that loot to :laughing:

In almost 40 years of detecting, I’ve found only two crotal bells; a brass one over the left outfield baseball fence at a city park (not Boston) and a “tombac” crotal in a plowed field, during a members-only club hunt at a suburban farm stand property. MTHA is our club, www.masstreasure.com

What park were you hunting in that had a park ranger? Was it a state park? You do know you cannot hunt on DCR land, save sand beaches with permission of the park ranger?

Nice going, Rockie ! Now look for a Park Ranger to turn over that loot to :laughing:

In almost 40 years of detecting, I’ve found only two crotal bells; a brass one over the left outfield baseball fence at a city park (not Boston) and a “tombac” crotal in a plowed field, during a members-only club hunt at a suburban farm stand property. MTHA is our club, www.masstreasure.com
I think it's a tombac crotal bell because when I started rubbing the dirt off it turned silver colored. I was REALLY surprised that's what it was.

I know about the club, I need to join up with you guys. Just haven't gotten to it yet. I won't have to share my secret spots, will I?!

I know about the club, I need to join up with you guys. Just haven't gotten to it yet. I won't have to share my secret spots, will I?!

My guess is that the club will soon be able to meet in-person again (June or July) now that COVID restrictions are being lifted. And no, your secret spots are YOUR secret spots… :yes:

Jim

Back
Top Bottom