• Forum server maintanace tomorrow night.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Mind blowing ring đź’Ť

Alexanderthegr8

Was hunting a local beach with a mask and snorkel and got a nice signal. Kept digging and digging to reach it but the sand kept filling back in and I finally gave up. Next to the pile of sand I saw the outline of what I assumed to be a blingy fake diamond ring. Took it home not thinking much of it then realized it was stamped 14k!!! Got my hands on a diamond tester and it’s saying real deal. I checked Facebook and Craig’slist to clear my conscious and no missing rings. Thank the MD gods! Any guesses on what it would appraise at?

Attachments

• 9763CC64-2284-409A-9765-BA2448FCC159.jpg
    9763CC64-2284-409A-9765-BA2448FCC159.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 3,160
  • DCEFE9E9-F7AB-419E-8472-3BCE33256AC7.jpg
    DCEFE9E9-F7AB-419E-8472-3BCE33256AC7.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 3,120
Last edited:
Holy smoke ! What is the size of that rock ?? If you can get it checked out by a gemologist , let us know size & grade. I'm green with envy !

Dang thats a big rock! I would have been assuming fake at first sight as well. Congrats!

If the stone is real it looks very expensive. Just a guess but F VVS and 1.5ct? IF its real its gonna be worth some serious bucks.

I wonder what can be the story behind this ring... Smb got divorced and through it away or a lady refused to marry a guy and he threw it into the water from anger. I know a similar story of a friend of my friend who lives in property in Italy here. He literally threw expensive ring into the water after his girlfriend refused to marry him

Last edited:
$6k?
I dunno, just a guess
By the way, have I told you lately how much I hate you?

Just kidding! You're ONE LUCKY DUCK!
Congratulations 10x over!
Almost the find of a lifetime....

:jawdrop: careful you don't drop that rock on your foot, it'll break a toe. That should get you some new toys if you sell it.

I wonder what can be the story behind this ring... Smb got divorced and through it away or a lady refused to marry a guy and he threw it into the water from anger. I know a similar story of a friend of my friend who lives in Italy. He literally threw expensive ring into the water after his girlfriend refused to marry him

Could just reflect someone's station in life. Anybody can lose a ring. I've almost lost MY $500 gold wedding ring with 3 teensy diamonds many times. I decided it was time to stop wearing it. I'm a meat cutter. Twice it almost went down an industrial floor drain at work. My hands shrink when they get cold in that environment and more than once my ring came off when I took off my glove. Once I spent an hour frantically looking for it and finally found it in one of 6 garbage cans perched on the edge of a plastic package in a pool of blood at the bottom. That was the deciding factor right there. Both me and my wife do not wear ours anymore. They sit on display and unless we go to some kind of social function we don't wear them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom