Nox 6" coil delivered today

pryan67

Forum Supporter
Damn that thing is TINY. Comparing it to the stock coil it's positively minuscule.

Of course, that was expected....but seeing them side by side is shocking.

Airtesting I wasn't impressed with the depth but I hadn't done a factory reset yet. Once it warms up in the next week or so I'll do some real testing.

Depending on your ground conditions, sensitivity, and other settings, you should expect to get up to 6-7" on a coin-sized target. But all in all, that thing is like a laser beam. Get ready to pull good stuff out of places that normal coils struggle with or fail altogether. I've been really impressed with mine.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Depending on your ground conditions, sensitivity, and other settings, you should expect to get up to 6-7" on a coin-sized target. But all in all, that thing is like a laser beam. Get ready to pull good stuff out of places that normal coils struggle with or fail altogether. I've been really impressed with mine.

That's what I'm hoping for. One place I detect at is the very definition of a "trashy park". One day on one of the hills I personally pulled out 104 pull tabs...I plan on taking the 6" coil there once it warms up enough to dig a bit. I KNOW there's gold and silver there.

As for settings, I was going to stick with Park 2 for now...

Damn that thing is TINY. Comparing it to the stock coil it's positively minuscule.

Of course, that was expected....but seeing them side by side is shocking.

Airtesting I wasn't impressed with the depth but I hadn't done a factory reset yet. Once it warms up in the next week or so I'll do some real testing.
I had the same problem. A FP corrected the problem. I'm satisfied with the depth now

Enjoy that 6" coil! IMO, it covers more than 6 inches in sweeps. That sounds wrong but it's the best 6" coil I've used on other machines.

Better watch that coil. Has possibilities on some deep nickels. Or anything lower comuctive especially using 800 model and prospecting modes.
Airtest a country mile!! For a small coil.

You may find this thread interesting.
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=263798&highlight=Equinox+6%94+coil&page=2

Better watch that coil. Has possibilities on some deep nickels. Or anything lower comuctive especially using 800 model and prospecting modes.
Airtest a country mile!! For a small coil.

You may find this thread interesting.
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=263798&highlight=Equinox+6%94+coil&page=2

Thanks....I'm going to have to play with it, as air testing finds my wedding ring at only about 6 inches...same with a quarter. I'm looking forward to real world testing though. My hunting buddy is buying a Nox 800 himself early April, and he'll have the stock coil. It will be nice to compare the two side by side.

Thanks....I'm going to have to play with it, as air testing finds my wedding ring at only about 6 inches...same with a quarter. I'm looking forward to real world testing though. My hunting buddy is buying a Nox 800 himself early April, and he'll have the stock coil. It will be nice to compare the two side by side.

You are welcome.
Let’s see how the Nox and small coil do in airtest on these 2 rings.
One is bigger man’s ring 14k.
The other a woman’s ring 10k.

2gv0eox.jpg

Park 2 tested speed 6.
Noise cancel done.
Sens at 24
Rings were swept with opening of ring facing coil, same plane.
Big ring signaled to distance of 14” approx.
Woman’s ring signaled to a distance of 11.5” approx

Sens at level 20.
Bigger ring signaled to approx 12”
Smaller ring signaled to approx 10”

The big ring above.
Gold 1 mode sens 24, speed 6, threshold 7, i can hear a waiver at 18”. (Airtest) 6”coil used in test.

How does that sound?
Woodbutcher you still paying attention?

Remember these?
I am going to bury them and just see for gee whiz how deep Nox and smalll coil will detect.
2crx9i9.jpg

Stay tuned.
Testing was cut short due to approaxhing thunderstorm from the SSW.
Anyway did do a few test.
Buried smaller ring above in pic at 7.5” deep.
Gold 1and park 2 tried.
Both hit and even id properly speeds 5 and 6 real good, 7 was dodgy using park 2 better using gold 1 detect mode.

Bigger ring above was buried at first at shy of 9”deep, and when I checked the signal was so ouststanding I thought there must be so ething else shallower in the hole.

So i found another place and buried at a solid 9” deep.
Park 2 killed this ring with signal. Even speed 7 worked well.
Gold 1 killed this ring with signal. Even spped 7 worked well.
I scrolled through all of the park and field modes, and even they were hitting the ring.
Field 2 seemed a little wekaer though.

ID seemed to be a tad high at times on sweeps.

So testing terminated with approaching storm.

May reconvene tomorrow.
Ground conditions today dry btw.

Soil mineralizationlevles where rings were buried makes Deus mineralization strength meter go a dot or 2 above halfway on meter when bobbing coil.

Ole Calabash just might be able to hit the big ring at a foot in his area. Lol

More data.
Note this pic.
This ring the small ring used in tests earler here.
This testing conducted on fresh water sanded beach.
1zbcikx.jpg

All detect modes tested except for gold 2 mode.

I buried this ring at different depths many times and the same depth many times in order to get what I thought was good solid data.
Ring was biroed moreso with opening upwards.
This ring is small and is 10k.

Best performing detect modes for depth.
Park 2 and Gold 1 detect modes.
At 10” deep both ofnthese modes give good solid signal and great ID of ring.
Good runnners up were park 1 and field 1.
Next best beach 1
Then field 2
Beach 2 lousy.

Speeds of 4 and 5 yielded voth good tone and good ID at 10”depth using park 2 and gold 1 modes.
I could almost get as good a signal using park 1 and field 1 if I keep speed slower but ID dodgy.

With ring at 7.5”deep park 2 speed 6, sound like target practically on top of sand/ground. Strong.
Beach 2, poor performer at depth, I would never use likely on freshwater beach period.

Using gold 1 and comparing to park 2, signal stronger at 10” slightly vs park 2, by running down sens level and comparing.
ID though when comparing gold 1 and park 2 ID on deep ring similar qualitty wise even though gold 1 signal stronger.

I could hear 10”deep ring using gold 1and park 2, no ID present speed 7, speed 6 ID more hit and miss, level 5 ID gets solid.

I did experiment with depths deeper than 10”.
It seemed there was a small window like estimated 1/2” where Nox would yield nonferrous tone although weak, but ID in error or nonexistant.
No detection at 12” with any mode.
Some detection sporadic at 11” though.
10.5” detection was there but ID hit and miss, but was there, would read lower than rings actual airtest reading though.
And chasing things that read 2,3 and 4, anhone whomhas used a. Ox on saltwater beach or even land,,,,expect real small whatever made of aluminum or other low conductor.

jfc9ci.jpg

Yowza....

I need to change some settings :) Of course, I was so excited by the coil being here that I didn't change a thing...but I'll do that tomorrow. Thanks again. If you're ever in my area I'll treat you to a beer (or a nice glass of wine :) )

I posted what I did here. I don’t think some folks realize how good and deep the coil can be especially on lower comductors like rings.
The coil is an absolute monster in modern trash looking for high donducitve coins and high conductive jewelry.
A tip.
Don’t forget about use of 5khz single freq in modern trash polluted sites.
But one needs to learn how to tell bottlecaps.
There are ways to do.
By switching back and forth to mulit drew and noticing Id provided.

Congrats on your coil.
In the hotter drier monthsnwhere Digging deeper is tough the 6” coil will be nice to use. Then Nox feels like a feather with the 6” coil on.

Back
Top Bottom