Backup pinpointer?

pryan67

Forum Supporter
So I have a Carrot, and a Garrett pro-pointer, but I lent the pro-pointer to someone who I don't know (he's a neighbor of my Aunt, who's house I detected last year) so I don't know that I'll get that back (or the ACE 250 I lent him, but I digress)

I want to get a backup pinpointer, and don't know which to get. I LOVE the Carrot, but I'm open to suggestions. I want waterproof, and 360 detection.

Any suggestions?

I'd say another carrot. You say you like it and why do you want to learn a different machine? Unless you have a different purpose that the carrot won't provide I don't see a reason to change.

Cliff

I'd say another carrot. You say you like it and why do you want to learn a different machine? Unless you have a different purpose that the carrot won't provide I don't see a reason to change.

Cliff

That's what I'm leaning towards, but I'm not against learning a new pinpointer. From looking on Amazon, it looks like the best bang for the buck is the Carrot, but I'm open.

Either the Fisher F-Pulse or Tek-Point would be a perfect backup. The second generation which fixed the early lockup problems, is well built and actually exceeds the sensitivity of the Carrot by a little. Nice features and also waterproof.

Either the Fisher F-Pulse or Tek-Point would be a perfect backup. The second generation which fixed the early lockup problems, is well built and actually exceeds the sensitivity of the Carrot by a little. Nice features and also waterproof.

Thanks...the Tek-Point looks to be very close to the Carrot...and cheaper.

So I have a Carrot, and a Garrett pro-pointer, but I lent the pro-pointer to someone who I don't know (he's a neighbor of my Aunt, who's house I detected last year) so I don't know that I'll get that back (or the ACE 250 I lent him, but I digress)
I want to get a backup pinpointer, and don't know which to get. I LOVE the Carrot, but I'm open to suggestions. I want waterproof, and 360 detection.
Any suggestions?

I picked up a Makro Pointer while waiting for my replacement Garrett Pro Pointer to be replaced (which is now being replaced, two failed units after only 8 hours usage.. ?!).

The Makro works great but doesn't have the feel that the Garrett does. Because of the two in a row failed Garrett units (third one arriving soon), I have to bring the Makro with all the time, just in case.

The differences between the two is that I have used the Makro more often than the Garretts without failure, they weigh about the same and detector in similar fashion. Some people complain that the Makro takes longer to shut off but that's not a big deal, and it does come with protective covers and a lot of accessories.

Price is close to the same, is waterproof and does the audio and vibe alerts as well. And for me at least a lot more reliable..

Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom