Does this Garrett look legit.

Looks like the real deal to me. Seller has 100 percent satisfaction on a bunch of business. I think you would be able to tell once you get it if it's the real thing.

It’s in Australia. He seems friendly enough. Have no reason to doubt him other than the fact I get shafted a lot.

Gros21 - the question, for me, is whether the guy he originally bought the Propointer from really was a Garrett dealer. I’ll give the seller the benefit of the doubt that he believes it was an authorized dealer, but he may have changed his mind on the pinpointer because it’s performance didn’t live up to expectations - and that may be because it’s actually a counterfeit....does that make sense? To me, the color of the unit looks a little off, but that may be because of the lighting or the camera he used. He did provide a picture with a serial number, so you could call/contact Garrett and ask if it’s a valid number. Otherwise, just wait and see how it performs when it arrives.

When I clicked on the link it says shipped from Cape Canaveral, FL.

Cliff

Cliff -

The one you are seeing from Cape Canaveral is a different listing because the original auction is completed. Notice that it says “We Found Something Similar” just above the picture showing the Garrett in its holster. Ebay does this because they prefer you to be looking at current auctions that you can buy, rather than old ones, of course.

The small picture of the Garrett carrot at the top with “Ended” splashed across it is the one Gros21 bought, and if you click the box adjacent to the photo marked “View Original Item”, the actual completed auction will open up. His appears to be a sale by a private individual from Wangaratta, Australia who claims he bought the unit from an authorized Garret dealer, then changed his mind and got a Whites instead.

Gros21 - the question, for me, is whether the guy he originally bought the Propointer from really was a Garrett dealer. I’ll give the seller the benefit of the doubt that he believes it was an authorized dealer, but he may have changed his mind on the pinpointer because it’s performance didn’t live up to expectations - and that may be because it’s actually a counterfeit....does that make sense? To me, the color of the unit looks a little off, but that may be because of the lighting or the camera he used. He did provide a picture with a serial number, so you could call/contact Garrett and ask if it’s a valid number. Otherwise, just wait and see how it performs when it arrives.

Cliff -

The one you are seeing from Cape Canaveral is a different listing because the original auction is completed. Notice that it says “We Found Something Similar” just above the picture showing the Garrett in its holster. Ebay does this because they prefer you to be looking at current auctions that you can buy, rather than old ones, of course.

The small picture of the Garrett carrot at the top with “Ended” splashed across it is the one Gros21 bought, and if you click the box adjacent to the photo marked “View Original Item”, the actual completed auction will open up. His appears to be a sale by a private individual from Wangaratta, Australia who claims he bought the unit from an authorized Garret dealer, then changed his mind and got a Whites instead.
You are right. The thing that threw me was that the item that is being viewed shows the Australian price.

Cliff

No this is au. New they are 289 rrp. With the going price arround $250

Back
Top Bottom