etrac emulator

longbow62

Forum Supporter
Has anyone had trouble moving thebeepgoeson.com zip files to the zip file folder of the Etrac emulator? Particularly the one marked US coins. It should be straight forward, but I keep getting I need administrator permission to do this.

I have found an old thread but at least with my machine following those directions does not work.

The link you sent took me to a spread sheet of coin ID numbers. In TBGO etrac downloads section for the emulator there are several zip files I cannot get to syc/load to the downloaded emulator from the Minelab website.

I was hoping for a walk through as I have tried to get it to work to no avail. There is an old thread about it how to do it, but there were a couple of people mentioning issues with it also. In that thread it was not resoved that I could see.

Some of the links have long since changed for the emulator, mainly the pattern files. Figured I'd update the newest thread about it.

Link to E-Trac emulator
http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/942...p-etrac-en.exe

Link to pattern files including US coins. The E-trac and SE emulators also appear to be here
http://www.thebeepgoeson.com/Downloads/Minelab.aspx

Thanks for this! I just downloaded the US coins pattern file, but can't seem to be able to load it onto the emulator. I checked out on-line and there are some good tutorials, but still no luck. Any advice?

Thanks for this! I just downloaded the US coins pattern file, but can't seem to be able to load it onto the emulator. I checked out on-line and there are some good tutorials, but still no luck. Any advice?

Hey I think the zip file needs to be copied or moved to the program files or program files (x86) \ emulator app folder \ patterns folder
Before it can be selected in the menu in the emulator.

Will see if I can take a couple of screenshots in a little bit tonight.

Attaching a screenshot with folder location where the US coin zip file should go. I also moved the French coin zip file out of there since it was defaulting to that when opening the emulator. The file may need to be moved from the browser downloads folder to this location.

Once it's in the datazips folder and the emulator is started, the US coins can be selected by "File" -> "Targets ZIP Files" -> the relevant file

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 445
Attaching a screenshot with folder location where the US coin zip file should go. I also moved the French coin zip file out of there since it was defaulting to that when opening the emulator. The file may need to be moved from the browser downloads folder to this location.

Once it's in the datazips folder and the emulator is started, the US coins can be selected by "File" -> "Targets ZIP Files" -> the relevant file

Awesome! Thanks for the help!

E-trac

I would just run mine at 26 manual sens....open to about 24....gain at 19 to tell deep coins...deep off ..fast on....and get used to the noise..you will kill it once it clicks!!!

The numbers don't mean anything on Deep coins...I have dug green
wheat in the teens and twenty's...numbers where 1-29....But sounded
Sweet!

Back
Top Bottom