Late evening hunt Copper, Buffalo, Indian and Religion

GKman

Forum Supporter
Hello Folks
Yesterday I had a great evening detecting a nice old farm. I have detected this farm many times, but there is so much land to cover that there is always some place new to try. Yesterday I beat my way through the Multiflora Rose and was pleasantly rewarded with some nice finds.
This area had mixed use over the years from the 1700's on so you can find a variety of coinage, from CT coppers, KG,s up to"modern" silver.... I decided to explore what believe was part of the old road leading up the hill and got my first good signal which ended up being an indian head cent. I then went to explore the area I have found quite a few CT Coppers, and a reale about six weeks ago during a warm spell, but couldn't sniff out any coins.
I worked my way back towards the old road and discovered a little hot spot where I recovered an early copper, buffalo nickel and a thimble.

After that I decided to walk out in to the field to where I had attempted to dig a target twice in the past month or so, but each time the ground was frozen just about solid. Honestly I figured it was just another deep can or trash since the area is near a stream and there is a lot of those that have floated down in floods. Much to my surprise, two religious medals popped out. I think they are silver, considering how high they rang up, but I am not certain. Either way it was a great way to finish the hunt...

HH Everyone

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 83
Some super digging Gary. Congrats on the old big Copper, the Indian,the Buff the what looks to me Sterling's and all the rest. Still more to be had on that site. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom