• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Most Likely My Final Hunt Of 2017 :) And Yes It Was At My Famous 1890's Park :)

HistoryFinder89

Elite Member
Hey gang, this will be most likely my last hunt of the year. Old man winter came storming through yesterday with around a foot of snow. And with temps at, around, or below freezing in the foreseeable future, the ground will freeze quickly and the snow isn't going anywhere, and will only be piling up everyday. This was my hunt from Tuesday. I just knew this was going to be my last hunt, I was prepared for it. I also was starting to get very sick with I believe bronchitis. So it wasn't an easy hunt for me, and I believe I am suffering the consequences now as my condition became more worse. I got checked out and I am now taking a combo of antibiotics and cough medicine. I've got to tell you all, this is nothing to play with. I don't believe I have ever had this in my life. I always take care of my body, stay clean, exercise, don't smoke, etc. I very rarely get sick with anything. Anyway, I went to my 1890's park and scored a few more Barbers, Mercs, etc. A pretty decent hunt for my last one of the year. I am sure glad I finished on a high note. I hit my all time yearly high of 525 silver coins, which I thought was pretty impressive due to the fact that I live in Western NY, and lake effect snow limits my detecting time during the winter months. For my area, that is a really high mark. I would like to thank my good friend and detecting bud Pat for joining me on another great season, and thanks to Everyone on the forums, and social media pages that comment and or like what I post up. Thank you all for your support! If you don't hear from me for the rest of the year, have a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, or whatever holiday you celebrate, and a happy New Year!!! And to those of you that still can hunt, HH Everyone! :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 521
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 494
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 527
  • 1111.jpg
    1111.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 496
  • 11111.jpg
    11111.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 508
Nice finds on what may have been your final hunt for 2017! Congrats on finding so many silvers this year! That's a very impressive number. I hope you feel better soon!

Outstanding Finds and posts that kept us all motivated and entertained throughout the year! Wonderful finish to an amazing season! Hope you shake off whatever that Lung ailment is that jumped up on you...Steam and Vicks Vapo-rub...They say Silver is a natural antimicrobial, maybe you should swallow a few dimes? :laughing: (sorry)

Well, Now what are ya gonna do with yourself? Research for the 2018 dirt work? There might be some Coin Shows in your area you can go to to get your fix! Good on ya HF! All the best on your recovery!

Congrats, great finish. Hope you're feeling better. Thanks for your help and great posts. Looking forward to next year. Happy Holidays, enjoy. Mark

What ?? An east cost post without an LC, colonial copper, or Bust coin ? We're bored !

just kidding. :laughing: Love the 1916 barber quarter. Great shape.

Congrats on some super nice finds !! I was hoping to get out once more tomorrow morning but still light snow here in eastern NY.

I had your same sickness for 2 weeks straight with fever and all the rest of it. I thought it had passed but it is still with me today. The continuous coughing is awful especially at night...Congrats on a good season anyway....HH !

Back
Top Bottom