Daughter got a Spike

pplinker

Forum Supporter
She is in the Air National Guard in PA and came home here to WV to go hunting. Shot this on her last day, right through the heart and stopped it in it's tracks. The darn out of state license cost her 165.00 so she was determined not to go home empty handed!

Attachments

• DSC00230.JPG
    DSC00230.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 226
Hey, A deer is a deer. Its not just about the horns. I had several deer I was after but the 19th (2nd day gun deer season but last of my 2 days) at noon out walked a half rack 6pt. 3pts total as he had broken off his left beam. Saturday, I would have watched him walk knowing the big boys that were out there and hopefully still are for next year. She went deer hunting, And guess what,? She got a deer. Venison. :) Tastes better than paper and salt. :)

Good for her. I like a woman that likes to hunt and get a little dirty sometimes. They're the more down to earth girls , IMO. This is meant in a respectful way , I know how so many people take things out of concept these days , just wanted to make that clear before the Ban Hammer comes down. :laughing:

Good on her! I'd say you did a fine job there dad!

Dang, you'd have thought she'd have been given a pass on the licensing (being in the Mil.).

Congrats to her.

She got some meat in return at least for the license fee.

Thank your daughter for me for her service.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Good for her. I like a woman that likes to hunt and get a little dirty sometimes. They're the more down to earth girls , IMO. This is meant in a respectful way , I know how so many people take things out of concept these days , just wanted to make that clear before the Ban Hammer comes down. :laughing:

hawgdawg, she isn't the kind to get offended. She was just saying how there should be a statute of limitations on all these movie stars coming forward for stuff that happened 40 years ago.

She gutted the deer herself. Boyfriend was there and very supportive. He shoots and is also military but had never seen the gutting done so he just observed and helped load.

Thanks to all for the nice comments.

Hey, A deer is a deer. Its not just about the horns. I had several deer I was after but the 19th (2nd day gun deer season but last of my 2 days) at noon out walked a half rack 6pt. 3pts total as he had broken off his left beam. Saturday, I would have watched him walk knowing the big boys that were out there and hopefully still are for next year. She went deer hunting, And guess what,? She got a deer. Venison. :) Tastes better than paper and salt. :)

Congratulations on your 6 point minus three!

That's great that she was able to come back and drop a nice little buck! Meat in the freezer is always a good thing over the winter...

Thanks for the kind remarks. And my apology for any who called me DAD. I've updated my signature to better identify my gender:D

Congratulations!!!!

If she is in the Active reserves, she can hunt for free if she shows them a leave form. She can obtain it from her first sergeant.

Active Duty Military

West Virginia residents on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces while on military leave, may hunt or trap in season without obtaining a license. Leave papers shall be carried while hunting or trapping.

http://www.wvdnr.gov/hunting/gen_licenses_not_req.shtm

...maybe this will bring her home more often;)

Congratulations!!!!

If she is in the Active reserves, she can hunt for free if she shows them a leave form. She can obtain it from her first sergeant.

Active Duty Military

West Virginia residents on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces while on military leave, may hunt or trap in season without obtaining a license. Leave papers shall be carried while hunting or trapping.

http://www.wvdnr.gov/hunting/gen_licenses_not_req.shtm

...maybe this will bring her home more often;)
Thanks for this very helpful information..I'll let her know!
She is active duty because she wears a uniform and is eligible to retire in 8 more years.

Very proud of her. So much like me in interests it is scary odd. I spent 3 years in the military. She has two daughters 8 years apart. I also started deer hunting when in my 40's. She loves metal detecting finds, although she doesn't MD.....yet. She likes getting her hands dirty refinishing furniture. You guys with sons know what it's like.

The youngest daughter is into decorating and shopping, massages and entertaining. Love them both but this hunting daughter lets hubby and me live vicariously through her successes. Then there's my granddaughter that likes climbing trees and is the fastest in her class. Twelve years old, She is all arms and legs. Love my family!

Back
Top Bottom