Nokta Impact Trying out the 15X14 coil tomorrow

choppadude

Forum Supporter
I have used this coil a couple times in the past month and am impressed with the results. Even though most of the time I was in a trashy spot but managed to dig a couple really deep Wheaties with it. Tomorrow I will be taking it out in the fields and try to cover some area fast with its increased size over the stock coil. Hoping to be po0sting some good finds by this time tomorrow.

Be interesting to see how it performs in the Impact, i had the Makro 15" on my R2, and to be honest there was a little or no advantage in terms of depth over the Tornado coil i used most of the time, it did cover more ground though.

Well I wish I could post some pics but photobucket finally caught up with me and I cannot post any pics from their site.
The 15" coil did well and I was very impressed at how stable it ran even with high gain settings. Did not find anything in the fields other than a 1893 Indian head and a few shotgun headstamps.
I ended up going to a spot that still has some goodies but they are very deep. I was not disappointed as I found a half dozen wheats from the 20's and 30's and a well worn 1916 Merc at a good 10" deep. Could have been a D mint but it was completely worn around the edge so who knows.
Overall I was please with how the coil performed but to be expected it got to be heavy after awhile. Still seemed either a little lighter or better balanced than the CTX3030 with the 17" coil. Pinpointing was spot on even with this huge coil.
By this time next week I will be swinging this coil at Kellys Ford and hoping to pull some Civil war goodness in my finds pouch!

Be interesting to see how it performs in the Impact, i had the Makro 15" on my R2, and to be honest there was a little or no advantage in terms of depth over the Tornado coil i used most of the time, it did cover more ground though.

I LOVE the NEL Tornado! Had one for each of my units for the longest time. Hoping Santa brings me one for the AT Max and one for the E Trac

Well I wish I could post some pics but photobucket finally caught up with me and I cannot post any pics from their site.
The 15" coil did well and I was very impressed at how stable it ran even with high gain settings. Did not find anything in the fields other than a 1893 Indian head and a few shotgun headstamps.
I ended up going to a spot that still has some goodies but they are very deep. I was not disappointed as I found a half dozen wheats from the 20's and 30's and a well worn 1916 Merc at a good 10" deep. Could have been a D mint but it was completely worn around the edge so who knows.
Overall I was please with how the coil performed but to be expected it got to be heavy after awhile. Still seemed either a little lighter or better balanced than the CTX3030 with the 17" coil. Pinpointing was spot on even with this huge coil.
By this time next week I will be swinging this coil at Kellys Ford and hoping to pull some Civil war goodness in my finds pouch!
Good write up Choppa, figure out a new photo solution because I am looking forward to seeing your finds from next week. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom