• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

im going to cuba!

Detecting in Cuba

Eager to hear how that works out for you , i would love to vacation there sometime i have hear it is beautiful. With a history as long as theirs and the fact that there were lots of hotels for the rich and famous in the 1920s and 1930s could be some good finds on the beaches there. Keep us posted as to what you find and if you run in to any problems detecting over there , or leaving with your detector. I am sure everyone would enjoy seeing pictures from over there as well .:detector::digginahole::workforgold::tropical:

Cuba

Noticed you haven't posted for a while , hope you are not in a Cuban jail for detecting. Have you found any thing good there , any hassle from the police ? Would love to visit and be able to detect there someday.

Cuba

I think he was last on 02-01-18 just wondering if his vacation went all right , and how the Cubans were about his detecting there. Some thing a number of people would be interested in doing . I would still like to visit the island when a new government comes to power and it opens back up to the world. I imagine there beaches are clean you probably go to jail for littering.

os1rfw, I put VERY LITTLE stock into what some of those compendium effort countries lists have. To give the background of how such *wonderful* lists get assembled, read on T'net, "treasure hunting legal issues" section, under the recent "California beaches" post. To just use that as an example, of they psychology of how such lists get compiled.

Ok, and what about them ? Not prohibited on those 2 types land in Utah. So long as you're not snooping around obvious sensitive monuments.

Sorry for the very late response on this Tom. I had abdominal surgery the day after this, and I am still recovering. My point was that the "list" showed no restrictions in the US, however there are quite a few restrictions on public lands, so I was trying to show that it wasn't correct as far as the US is concerned. And this agrees with you putting very little stock in these lists.
Ron W.

Back
Top Bottom