For the first time more silver than wheats...

Happa54

Forum Supporter
2 hunts this past week.

2 rosies and 4 wheats at an L.A. park.

4 rosies and a silver ring at a schoolyard...but no wheats here.

Should've been the other way around, right?

I'm not complaining just thought it's weird that I didn't hit on a wheat signal at the schoolyard.

I hope to see some more silvers & wheats before years end.

Thanks for stopping in and HH.

Attachments

• 2-Dec 12 2017.jpg
    2-Dec 12 2017.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 513
  • 1-Dec 8 2017.jpg
    1-Dec 8 2017.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 534
  • 1-20171214_081842.jpg
    1-20171214_081842.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 506
I consider myself lucky if my Wheats outnumber my Zincolns on a hunt, let alone outnumbering silver! In fact, I've yet to find more than one silver at a time on a hunt before - so kinda hard for my silvers to outnumber anything :lol: I think that's going to be my bucket-lister for next year...a multi-silver day :yes:

Really nice job on those hunts, Happa!

Last edited:
Thanks for all of your comments and kudos everyone.

Yeah Jason, I wondered why all the silver and no wheats. Could be that the school was built in the 60's and no early wheats in the kids pockets.

Also, the rosies are dated 1960's.

Metaladdict: The ring is stamped on the inside. I can see the 9 and barely the 2 and the 5 is too worn to see. It also ID'd as silver and high silver tone.

You get 2x the atteboy for getting them out of stingy So. CA turf. You get 3x the atteboy for getting them behind Jamflicker (capt. fi, etc...). Sheesk, is Jamflicker asleep at the wheel, or what ? :secret:

I consider myself lucky if my Wheats outnumber my Zincolns on a hunt, let alone outnumbering silver! In fact, I've yet to find more than one silver at a time on a hunt before - so kinda hard for my silvers to outnumber anything :lol: I think that's going to be my bucket-lister for next year...a multi-silver day :yes:

What you have to do is if you dig a silver for your first coin then go home immediately. That way you can have a perfect silver ratio!;)

Congrats on the silver , seems my ratio of wheats to silver the last couple years has been close to 2 to 1. I'm good with that . Generally just throw all my wheats in a zippy bag .. seems the value on them has gone up a little as of late but for the most part I just throw them in there.
Great post .

I like that silver to wheat ratio Kurt. Way to go! I wonder if kids brought dimes for milk or lunch money and didn't bring pennies.

Congrats ! Yes that ratio is usually reversered , for me anyway :laughing: HH!

Whats the ring made of?

That's a great silver coin ratio anyway you look at it. About the only thing my silver coins outnumber is clad halves:laughing:

Congrats on the sterling ring and half dozen Rosies...nice digging!

That last pic is really cool! Nice job on the silvers!

That's a good problem to have.. Congrats on the silver

You get 2x the atteboy for getting them out of stingy So. CA turf. You get 3x the atteboy for getting them behind Jamflicker (capt. fi, etc...). Sheesk, is Jamflicker asleep at the wheel, or what ? :secret:

gotta love the silver!

What you have to do is if you dig a silver for your first coin then go home immediately. That way you can have a perfect silver ratio!;)

I wish I had hunts like that.
Nice digging!

Congrats on the silver , seems my ratio of wheats to silver the last couple years has been close to 2 to 1. I'm good with that . Generally just throw all my wheats in a zippy bag .. seems the value on them has gone up a little as of late but for the most part I just throw them in there.
Great post .

Thanks everyone for stopping in and leaving your comments.

Til the next time and HH.

Back
Top Bottom