Post your year end totals! ....and maybe a contest?

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
So this year I averaged one hunt every three weeks. Eeks, only 18 hunts total and not really a lot. Nonetheless, I scored 12 rings, 2 necklaces, 1 bracelet and more than 20 earrings. Yay!

As far as total clad count. Anyone wanna guess my total US currency value? In fact I think I'll make another thread with a contest too. I'll edit and supply a link when I'm done with this post. Anyhow, to conform with forum rules and keep this part of the thread in the beach section, here is the clad pile....

-David

***CONTEST LINK*** ... http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=2864558#post2864558

Meanwhile, post your year end totals. Let's see 'em!!!!

bb397943c94b62ef2df2984b6a33591a.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I haven't wanted to count my clad. My silver is dismal this year because I stayed away from Belle Isle too much. The weeds were just too tall. Only 25 pieces of gold this year. 213.57 grams.

Over eleven thousand four hundred dollars in cash and over 500.00 in change. Most of my change was land finds in a park in Utah. Most my cash was from a few dumpster dives.

Last edited:
My total for the year stands at 55 gold rings.Best Month : September .. 15.
The photo shows 32 rings,others have been sold & a few were just sold has scrap.
The breakdown 9ct = 40, 10ct = 1, 15ct = 4, 18ct = 10
I have never found a 15ct before and this year I found 4!
Total weight 185 grams or 6.5 ounces.
And after all my finds I have still yet to find a Platinum ring .. maybe next year.:yes:

Attachments

• IMG_4821.jpg
    IMG_4821.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 626
After seeing Barbara's (Kapi's) recent hunt and totals I am too humiliated to post mine. :blink:

Still got some days left in December! :lol: ain’t over till Jan 1, 2018!

PLUS I got 18 days to make up around 50 golds to catch up to her! :neutral:

RECORD BREAKING Year for Me!
Monumental and unforgettable season for Old Mud! This season I found exactly 0 gold!...In oz that would be, let see, carry the 0..= .0 oz!

Around about November, I knew I was on a Record pace! It got to be a challenge to see if I could keep my amazing streak alive! I did it! ZERO GOLD this year! I'd like to thank the Forum Membership here for keeping me motivated and well armed with tips and tricks to accomplish this unusual feat!:laughing:

Last edited:
Over eleven thousand four hundred dollars in cash and over 500.00 in change. Most of my change was land finds in a park in Utah. Most my cash was from a few dumpster dives.

You found over $11,000 in cash dumpster diving!? Wow there's got to be a great story there

Monumental and unforgettable season for Old Mud! This season I found exactly 0 gold!...In oz that would be, let see, carry the 0..= .0 oz!

Around about November, I knew I was on a Record pace! It got to be a challenge to see if I could keep my amazing streak alive! I did it! ZERO GOLD this year! I'd like to thank the Forum Membership here for keeping me motivated and well armed with tips and tricks to accomplish this unusual feat!:laughing:

+1 except I always carry an extra zero :laughing: .00 grams of gold for me in 2017. I don't count my clad unfortunately. Thanks Dave!

Its not the end of the year here in CT.... saying that I couldn't post my finds in this thread because I have been mainly dirt hunting... I have hunted the beach a total of 12 times this year... double that playing in the dirt :D

You tied Earl on the gold number. Hopefully you.find something good soon

I've still got 18 days left, so I'm hoping I'll reach the $1500 mark by the end of this year. This has been my best year for clad by far.

The amount of gold rings some of you found this year is incredible! I've got a modest two, to show... :lol:

You found over $11,000 in cash dumpster diving!? Wow there's got to be a great story there

Not a huge story. My neighbor across the street died and he was a hoarder and a miser. The people that got the house started throwing everything away and gave me and my neighbor permission to take anything we wanted out of the dumpster. All they were looking for was his cash that he hid everywhere. Well they missed a few hiding spots. In one folded pillow case, a bunch of envelopes loaded with cash. 9400.00 exactly. A pill bottle with 4 20's and 4 10's rolled up. All his shirt pockets had envelopes of cash in them and they just tossed them all in the dumpster. A vacation brochure with 900.00 in an envelope tucked in the front pocket of it. We had an absolute blast getting stuff out of there. He had a wood door stop that had a bundle of 5 grand in it nailed shut. I didn't find that, my neighbor did. I found a lot but also missed a little.

Not a huge story. My neighbor across the street died and he was a hoarder and a miser. The people that got the house started throwing everything away and gave me and my neighbor permission to take anything we wanted out of the dumpster. All they were looking for was his cash that he hid everywhere. Well they missed a few hiding spots. In one folded pillow case, a bunch of envelopes loaded with cash. 9400.00 exactly. A pill bottle with 4 20's and 4 10's rolled up. All his shirt pockets had envelopes of cash in them and they just tossed them all in the dumpster. A vacation brochure with 900.00 in an envelope tucked in the front pocket of it. We had an absolute blast getting stuff out of there. He had a wood door stop that had a bundle of 5 grand in it nailed shut. I didn't find that, my neighbor did. I found a lot but also missed a little.

That's awesome! I'm surprised your neighbour let you walk away $11k+!! :)

I haven't wanted to count my clad. My silver is dismal this year because I stayed away from Belle Isle too much. The weeds were just too tall. Only 25 pieces of gold this year. 213.57 grams.

Your dumpster dive was EPIC> LOL

Loved hearing that one. :)

That's awesome! I'm surprised your neighbour let you walk away $11k+!! :)

LOL Let us?? After I told them how much I found they actually went to the police. TRIED to get me arrested!! I flat out laughed in their faces.

Lets see. They allowed us in the dumpster. Told us we could have anything and then tried to have us arrested? The grandmother said she told the police not to! I almost died laughing and called her a liar. They tossed it. I had permission and got a lot of it and they have absolutely no proof what they tossed. I really wish the police would have come to my door.

Most know me and my police encounters on here. You don't know all of them but I haven't been in a jail cell yet.

Yesterday they were actually nice to me. Came over with 225.00 in silver coin. I offered them 150.00 for it and they accepted it. They found a lot more than that in the house.

Ever hear how much the people that got the house found?

Back
Top Bottom