Is Anyone Asking For Or Getting Any Detecting Gear Such As Back-Packs, Coils, Pin-Pointers ETC. For Christmas?......

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
Years ago, my wife and kids were always asking me what I wanted for Christmas. It was usually metal detecting related.......gloves, knife, camera, lenses, new digger........

Attachments

• santa.jpeg
    santa.jpeg
    7.8 KB · Views: 336
I would love to have some of that jerky you make since you ask. Really, I ask for a Pro Find 35. I heard there is limited numbers and hard to get right now. Happy Holidays John and continued success in 2018. Mark

I would love to have some of that jerky you make since you ask. Really, I ask for a Pro Find 35. I heard there is limited numbers and hard to get right now. Happy Holidays John and continued success in 2018. Mark

I hunted on Saturday.......got one penny. :lol: Today was prep day for Christmas. Took a load of Berry Flavored Jerky out of the smoker this morning. Going to make packaged jerky as gifts for my nieces, nephews, daughter, sons and wifey. The fat I trimmed off the "eye of round" meat portions, I melted down, mixed it with chunky peanut, mixed in seeds and cranberries and made 3 hunks of suet for my winged friends and buddy.

After I mixed up the suet, I set it out in a jar to cool off. Well........I caught Buddy with his nose in the suet. :nono: After a scolding, he took off, but returned shortly thereafter, for some peanuts, which he had to climb my leg to get. My knees are getting squeeky with age, so no more squatting to feed Buddy. He now has to climb to get his food. :)

Attachments

• jerk 1.jpg
    jerk 1.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 296
  • at9.jpg
    at9.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 276
Great post John

Years ago, my wife and kids were always asking me what I wanted for Christmas. It was usually metal detecting related.......gloves, knife, camera, lenses, new digger........
That jerky does look good, like you I used to make it-gift it for the holidays, back when I would get 3 or 4 deer a year. Don't hunt much anymore, matter of fact I just bought some beef at the local supermarket to make some. Venison makes better jerky IMO but oh well. Like Tn. said I would love to have my E-800 by Christmas, I ordered within a week of the announcement but we will see. Minelab has got them all bickering on another forum as to when its going to be available. Enjoy your holidays. Mark

That jerky does look good, like you I used to make it-gift it for the holidays, back when I would get 3 or 4 deer a year. Don't hunt much anymore, matter of fact I just bought some beef at the local supermarket to make some. Venison makes better jerky IMO but oh well. Like Tn. said I would love to have my E-800 by Christmas, I ordered within a week of the announcement but we will see. Minelab has got them all bickering on another forum as to when its going to be available. Enjoy your holidays. Mark

Venison, buffalo and elk are all much superior to beef. But.....like you, I have to use what I can get my hands on. For the last 3 years, I made jerky for others from hunting venison. But.....this year, nobody got lucky.....

Well John,
You seem to water hunt a lot.

Do you plan on getting Equinox?
Would love to see your finds and commentary on one as far as use.

I am looking at maybe getting one. I will wait to see if there are any issues with the first few batches. My guess is, that should there be a run on bad ones, soooooo many will be in line for repair, and that could take a long time.

For Christmas I've got a set of single cup headphones coming in : a set of Killer B Stingers.

I've needed a set of single cups for awhile now.

I've asked for a new finds pouch, a new set of knee pads, and a new box of black nitrile gloves (the heavy duty thick ones).

Same things I asked for last year. My finds pouch actually ripped, just a few days ago... it's definitely time for a new one! Stuff wears out...

But as for Metal Detectors... this is the first year I'm not looking at an upgrade of any sort. Year 1, I wanted an AT Pro, Year 2, I wanted a Pro-Pointer AT, and an NEL Hunter coil. Year 3, I wanted an NEL Thunder coil...

this year, I just want to go hunt. LOL

Skippy

I asked for the 10" coil to go on my F2, Garrett pouch, and Garrett small shovel so fingers crossed. Oh and I even asked for the Piranha from predator tools.

Here's hoping I hope I have been a good husband this year! lol

I hunted on Saturday.......got one penny. :lol: Today was prep day for Christmas. Took a load of Berry Flavored Jerky out of the smoker this morning. Going to make packaged jerky as gifts for my nieces, nephews, daughter, sons and wifey. The fat I trimmed off the "eye of round" meat portions, I melted down, mixed it with chunky peanut, mixed in seeds and cranberries and made 3 hunks of suet for my winged friends and buddy.

After I mixed up the suet, I set it out in a jar to cool off. Well........I caught Buddy with his nose in the suet. :nono: After a scolding, he took off, but returned shortly thereafter, for some peanuts, which he had to climb my leg to get. My knees are getting squeeky with age, so no more squatting to feed Buddy. He now has to climb to get his food. :)

I've heard squirrel Jerky is awesome, and popping them off by hand one by one would save a lot of meat.......you defiantly earn your man card for that one. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom