Should I ask Santa for a better pinpointer?

Iggyks

Elite Member
I was on a low budget when I decided to start MD'ing, and after initially thinking a pinpointer would have to wait, went ahead and got one of the orange Chinese Garrett knockoffs. It has been a lifesaver; now I'm wondering if i should put the real thing on my Christmas list, or another comparably priced model. Today i tried to get in 20 minutes right before dark and the knockoff was going off every time i pointed it downward, even in the air. Had to give up the short hunt, although rapping it against my palm later made that problem go away. First problem I've had with it, I probably need to be a little gentler when I put it in the car etc. I mostly will be hunting in dirt for older coins or relics, no water hunting, not much clad hunting. What do ya think?

If the Chinese one you have now is the only handheld pointer you own...yes, Christmas is a good time to get the real-deal Garretts AT. I believe in a backup anyway.

If the Chinese one you have now is the only handheld pointer you own...yes, Christmas is a good time to get the real-deal Garretts AT. I believe in a backup anyway.

Told my wife and one is on the way! May have to talk her into giving it a little early because we'll be in Indiana for Christmas weekend and two of my stepsons live on old farmsteads ;)

Back
Top Bottom