Columbus Ohio anyone?

minleabhunter

anyone from around this part of the woods? im in pataskala and would love to detect with someone else. im not an expert but have been doing this for a bit.

thanks
craig

Hey Craig,

Kathy here, live in Hilliard. Completely the other side of town lol but I work at Easton Mall. I've only been detecting since October 2017 but LOVE it. I'm more into coins than anything else, and have found only modern ones. If I run into a cool bottle I'll grab that up as well.

If you ever want a detecting buddy I'd be up for it! Let me know.

HH,

Kathy

heya kathy... ive been doing this for a bit. i have an 1800's home i have been given permission to hit. there's also another 1800's home by my house that ive been going to (sans permission i admit). its abandoned and no one lives there. I have tried to find an owner with no luck asking the neighbors. anyway... i love going to parks as well. there are some older parks that are id be willing to give a shot out by you if your interested. you have any cool places you go to?

Hey Craig,

My go-to spot last year seemed to be a huge soccer field. It was built in the late 70's so I've only found clad there, as far as coins go. I find an occasional relic (pendant, soccer related pins) but that's all. I thought it was a great place to start for a beginner. Found some coins in school yards/playgrounds. I've been doing research over the winter months to try to find other places. I've got a few in mind.

Talk to you soon!

Kathy

In time...

hey man... i just posted in your thread above. i just mapped it out and we're are about 67 miles away. thats not too bad! in any event, i have been doing this a while but im far from an expert. ive just recently got into the research aspect of hunting for sites.

what kind of detector do you use? i use a mineleab ctx3030 and i also have a tesoro deleon (1st detector). i just picked up a wireless module for the ctx3030 and am starting to watch youtube detecting videos again. that's a sure sign im wanting to start hunting again!! the cold dont bother me too much and the wife wont get too mad seeing as its too cold for the kids (well, our kids anyway - were from texas) to wander out.

id love to meet up anytime on the weekends. i could do the week too if we had a little more daylight! give it time :) winter cant last forever.

weather

heya kathy, i just looked at the weather and it looks bleh... i recently moved to ohio and im still trying to figure out what the hell i was thinking coming here. if the weather man is to be believed we have 10 horrible says in the pipeline. what soccer field did you hit? have you looked at historical aerials of the area? give me a name and/or location and i can look it up. columbus has aerials ive seen going back as far as 1954.

Where I live I'm 40 miles from pataskala. Not bad at all. I'm retired so most days are good for me...I've used most machines , have an ATPro with a deus on the way. So I have some learning to do lol

Hey everyone,

It's neat to see a 'pack of hunters' near Columbus. I'm free most weekends. My piddly little Bounty Hunter Tracker IV does pretty well and can hold it's own. :lol:

Hope to hunt with you soon!

Kathy

Hi Kathy. Yeah it is very nice to see people wanting to get out in central Ohio. Any detector is a good detector. No competition, just fun.. it's my therapy.

columbus

yeah, im shocked this many people are in the columbus area- to be honest. i saw there used to be a club here but it closed down. in any event id love to go out anytime on the weekends.

kathy, I have never used a bounty hunter. i can always bring my extra Tesoro DeLeon. you are more than welcome to swing it if youd like to broaden your horizons. it was my first detector and it worked great! im spoiled now with my minelab.

i would absolutely love to meet up with some people.

I'm maybe 15 minutes east of you near Jackaontown. Happy to go hunting with someone as it can get boring by oneself.

Upper Arlington

I moved to this area last May. Didn't have much time to MD, then my AT Pro got stolen. Just got an AT Max and am itching to go out. The ground is pretty frozen, but I'm down for hunting anything. I come from Wisconsin, so the cold doesn't scare me much. ;-) Please hit me up if anyone is interested in a hunt in the cold. I recently found out Upper Arlington parks, as well as Franklin and Columbus country parks are go for metal detecting. I would definitely be interested in hunting some old properties as mentioned above!

-Ted

Hi Ted I'm game as long as most of snow is gone. Temp needs to be 35 or so for me. Parks, schools and old home sites along with fields work.
Hey Bill, sounds great! I work nights so my availability is AMs or weekends. I don't know of any sites to hit other than the parks I mentioned.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

heya kathy, i just looked at the weather and it looks bleh... i recently moved to ohio and im still trying to figure out what the hell i was thinking coming here. if the weather man is to be believed we have 10 horrible says in the pipeline. what soccer field did you hit? have you looked at historical aerials of the area? give me a name and/or location and i can look it up. columbus has aerials ive seen going back as far as 1954.

I've been using Historical Map Works. Found out about it from a youtube tipoff. It's fantastic. It goes back to 1872, at least for Ohio. It's really cool because the old homesteads are represented by black dots. It's pretty neat to see things like that on familiar streets. The youtuber said you can overlay present-day maps onto the old ones, and I think it's a membership upgrade or something, which I've not done yet. The soccer field was created in the late 70's but there was a homestead in the vicinity back in the day.

I've actually been going out these last couple of weeks when I have some free time. Though my finds have only been clad, I've snatched up a few bottles along the way. They've been modern ones, but I still like looking for bottles. I think it's the whole exploration thing that gets me going, plus layering clothes so as to not freeze. LOL

I moved to this area last May. Didn't have much time to MD, then my AT Pro got stolen. Just got an AT Max and am itching to go out. The ground is pretty frozen, but I'm down for hunting anything. I come from Wisconsin, so the cold doesn't scare me much. ;-) Please hit me up if anyone is interested in a hunt in the cold. I recently found out Upper Arlington parks, as well as Franklin and Columbus country parks are go for metal detecting. I would definitely be interested in hunting some old properties as mentioned above!

-Ted

Hi Ted,

Welcome! I've not been MD very long, since last October. But I've had a bunch of fun nonetheless. The oldest coin I've found is a 1962 Nickel. Not 'old' really, but I'm dang proud of that coin. LOL I'm totally jealous of all the really really old stuff folks on here find, and love it when pics are posted. It gives me a goal(s) to shoot for!

Kathy

Back
Top Bottom