Where in the world are you?

rcasi44

Elite Member
Newbie Info

A sticky at the top of the forum could let newbies know it would be a good idea to use an avatar and show their location. It helps to get them hooked up with detectorists in their area. Rob

Re: Newbie Info

I was thinking, with the recent flair of Google Maps, maybe add a page with all members on it, being able to visualize where other members are, or even mark where things were found, (if one were to choose to put finds there.) It would be pretty cool to network in a visual fashion, I would think. The generalized goal would be to attract more people to the hobby, not only to learn about i, but to partake, understand and GET ADDICTED like the rest of us.

I don't know, even make something with hotspots, historical sites, etc etc. After all, if people find things, they will stay enthused and bring others into the hobby. The stronger the hobby grows, the more likely people are to police themselves and others who dig holes incorrectly, or leave them open all together. The more networked we all are, the better it gets. From clubs down to loners, all benefit. Any thoughts? Ideas? If some throw ideas up for a website, i'lll be more than happy to draw it up and host it. Got plenty of domain power and webspace.

Thanks much....

Bri-

Re: Newbie Info

Firewhiz, sure the more there are the more policing can be done but on the other hand, the more there are the less there will be for us to find. My .02

Back
Top Bottom