40% is better than no silver at all

cruiserkev

Elite Member
It's a young one but still a keeper. 😁

Attachments

• Fotor_157404918855453.jpg
    Fotor_157404918855453.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 323
Heck they are a lot harder to find than mercs and Rosie’s! I’ve found over 600 silver coins and only one 40% Kennedy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Kev!!! :cool: you and your propensity to ALWAYS find a half in the dirt is something that is truly amazing! If we are finding dimes you are find the halves :lol:.

A charmed and skilled detectorist if there ever was one.

Congrats and looking forward to eventually getting back out with you.

That is a tuff pull! Nice find, my only silver Kennedy half is also a 40%'er. Still looking for a 1964 Kennedy...

Congrats on rare find Kevin. Coin whisperer is right they are a tough find for sure. He has just 1 in over 600 Silver Coins. I have only 1 in over 1500 Silver coins dug. In comparison I dug over 25 Walking Liberty's. Trapper

I am with Trap and CW.

I am lucky to have found one also .
Thats only One out of about 470 silver coins

Very hard to find in the ground. Most all were plucked from circulation instantly .
Great job and yes a bucketlister.
Congratulations!!!!!
,Dew

Congrats on the big 40! They are hard to find, they just didn’t circulate well. Almost 1.3 billion silver Kennedys minted...millions sat in bank vaults for years...even the Hunts didn’t want the 40%’ers...keepers today.

Thanks everyone. Love to find half dollars under my coil, it never gets old. I believe this is my 3rd 40% Kennedy half found detecting, sure didn't realize they were that rare of a find. :shock:

Congrats on the rare find! Tons of them were minted but it seems like no one ever carried them around or spent them.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom