New CTX3030 bad out of the box

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Really disappointed here. This is my 3rd new CTX and the other 2 were great with no issues.
The first thing I noticed out of the box was the control head was loose. Noticeable play side to side and front to back. My other units were tight with absolutely no play. One thing I have learned if something is loose it doesn't get better it just gets worse over time so this is not acceptable. The second issue was notices just minutes into my first hunt, the volume just drops out. Does not matter if you use the speaker, straight wired or use the wireless. Target still shows on the screen but no audio.
I guess here is a chance for Minlelab to show me how good their after the sale service is. I will keep this updated so others will know what to expect should they have issues with their Minelab product.

I had one show up exactly like that. Luckily my dealer hot swapped it for another, didn’t even wait for it to get back to him before sending a replacement.

From what I’ve been reading across all the forums Minelab will take care of you, seems like their service has improved a lot since leaving Florida.

At least you were on 6-month waiting list, then had it arrived damaged. LOL. To be honest, that is the first time I've heard of such a thing.

Did you get the free 17" coil?

received an email from Minelab today and a RMA to send my unit back. At this point I have to say they are responsive to the situation and have vowed to make it right. I will update this post as this saga continues.

Really disappointed here. This is my 3rd new CTX and the other 2 were great with no issues.
The first thing I noticed out of the box was the control head was loose. Noticeable play side to side and front to back. My other units were tight with absolutely no play. One thing I have learned if something is loose it doesn't get better it just gets worse over time so this is not acceptable. The second issue was notices just minutes into my first hunt, the volume just drops out. Does not matter if you use the speaker, straight wired or use the wireless. Target still shows on the screen but no audio.
I guess here is a chance for Minlelab to show me how good their after the sale service is. I will keep this updated so others will know what to expect should they have issues with their Minelab product.

Hate to hear that , ctx is good machine, just wish coils were somewhat cheaper.

OK guys here is the update. AS stated my unit was delivered faulty last Thursday, control head was loose and audio would randomly drop out. I emailed Jamie at Minelab on Friday and explained the situation. I received a response on Monday morning requesting the serial # of the detector, my address and phone number, after receiving this info Jamie emailed me a RMA# as well as a return shipping label. I was told that as soon as they confirmed that the faulty unit was on its way back to them, they would ship out a new replacement CTX3030.
I sent the faulty unit out on Tuesday and within hours I had a tracking number for the new unit that was on its way. Today I received the new CTX3030 and all is well.
This whole experience never cost me a penny and within 4 days of contacting them I had my replacement in my hands.
I have to say without a doubt that this was handled much better that expected and that Jamie went above and beyond to make this situation as painless as possible. There is a lot of competition out there for our $ and a big part of my decision before I buy is what kind of customer service I could expect. When situations do occur, it is how they are handled that will either win or lose me as a customer. I am glad to say that I am one satisfied customer today!

OK guys here is the update. AS stated my unit was delivered faulty last Thursday, control head was loose and audio would randomly drop out. I emailed Jamie at Minelab on Friday and explained the situation. I received a response on Monday morning requesting the serial # of the detector, my address and phone number, after receiving this info Jamie emailed me a RMA# as well as a return shipping label. I was told that as soon as they confirmed that the faulty unit was on its way back to them, they would ship out a new replacement CTX3030.
I sent the faulty unit out on Tuesday and within hours I had a tracking number for the new unit that was on its way. Today I received the new CTX3030 and all is well.
This whole experience never cost me a penny and within 4 days of contacting them I had my replacement in my hands.
I have to say without a doubt that this was handled much better that expected and that Jamie went above and beyond to make this situation as painless as possible. There is a lot of competition out there for our $ and a big part of my decision before I buy is what kind of customer service I could expect. When situations do occur, it is how they are handled that will either win or lose me as a customer. I am glad to say that I am one satisfied customer today!

They have went out of there way to help making it right every time I or a customer has had a problem. I cant say enough about the service they provide after the sale.

They have went out of there way to help making it right every time I or a customer has had a problem. I cant say enough about the service they provide after the sale.

You are no slouch when it comes to service either Dave! I always enjoy dealing with you and RT6 Detectors!

Back
Top Bottom