Yes!!!!! Got My Garrett Bonus Cheque Today For All My Fun! Cheque It Out (error intended)

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
Saved about 5 years worth of gold and some silver and sent it in for melt price. The company is on the cheque.

No matter what machine you use, learn it well! It will reward you for sure. The right user, right site, right settings and right coil will all give you the mojo you will ever need. Any metal detector could have found 90% of what I got. Don't every kid yourself. Don't ever shy away from what you use.

Many units from Garrett, Whites, Tesoro, Fisher, Minelab and all the ones made in another country or ones I may have forgotten, could have found 90% of this.

Please......post your finds and a pic of your machine to go with it on this forum. Don't be shy! Don't be intimidated by what other people have found. Different finds for different metal detecting preferences will include clad, coins, buttons, silver, gold and relics.

Each metal detector used has it's own story too! Be proud of it. It's all good! Please, lets put some new life into here.

And no! I will not get a Nox. I just don't need or want one. :yes:

Attachments

• cheque revised.jpg
    cheque revised.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
John, it really is the hobby that pays you back. The best pay I get from detecting is the relaxation and good times with other detectorist. That check is a substantial amount of (as we say in Louisiana) lagniappe.

Now that is what I'd call a payday! I'd take that and book a vacation....then detect on said vacation :laughing:

ARA actually refined your gold? They said they were going to require 5 ounces minimum to weed us dead beats out.

I hope you got close to what you expected. I sure didn't.

Congrats

Last edited:
Like Scuba said, I hope you got a fair pay out, last time I checked on ARA they were on the outs with Detectorist...

Like Scuba said, I hope you got a fair pay out, last time I checked on ARA they were on the outs with Detectorist...

This is my second time dealing with ARA. I have had no issues at all. Both times time paid out to what my math indicated it should be. And they also returned the stones with the cheque also.

Awesome, you could get a used Minelab for that.

Yes thats a good payday there. Would pay for all my toys over the years. I do agree hunt with what you are comfortable with.

This is my second time dealing with ARA. I have had no issues at all. Both times time paid out to what my math indicated it should be. And they also returned the stones with the cheque also.

John, I am very glad it worked out for you. They kept my stones so I couldn't do any math. I saved some very nasty emails from the new owner.

I will not send them another batch. We are done. Again, very happy for you. Nice pay day.

John, it really is the hobby that pays you back. The best pay I get from detecting is the relaxation and good times with other detectorist. That check is a substantial amount of (as we say in Louisiana) lagniappe.

That's what it's all about....I detect with a good friend of mine most of the time, and the enjoyment that I receive from being able to hang out with him and help him get out hunting is worth far more than the clad and the occasional good find I've gotten...

although...if I found that much gold, maybe I'd rethink that LOL

Wow! Now you can buy that Nox! (just kidding, I like my ATP, too)

Back
Top Bottom