An Awesome So Cal Spill And Some WW2 Sterling Plus Other Goodies

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,
Here are some finds from my last few hunts.

One of the highlights was a sterling silver WW2 bracelet. I looked up the guy on the bracelet and he served in the Army and passed away in the early 1990's. I also found a beat up 1916 barber dime on that hunt.

Another highlight was my oldest coin spill. I was hunting with my girlfriend and got a weird signal and dug a plug and found a merc. I called her over and told her that was weird, it didn't sound like a silver coin. I rechecked the hole and there was more. I ended up pulling out the merc, 2 wheats, a 1912 V nickel, 1918 buffalo nickel, and 1900 and 1901 indian head pennies. I was cool I got to enjoy that spill with my girlfriend as well as getting to hunt with her a couple times while she was in town.

Hope you're all having a good summer.
Jason

Attachments

• IMG_8698.jpg
    IMG_8698.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 549
  • IMG_8595.jpg
    IMG_8595.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_8619.jpg
    IMG_8619.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 521
luv the patina on the IH's.

As for the ID bracelet : Good on the research to ID. Have you thought of repatriation to the "next of kin" ? I did that with a silver ID bracelet I found @ Ft. Ord , CA. Went through days of research to find the surviving widow of a WWII / Korean era veteran. She was now in her 90s. In an assisted living home. But not "of her wits" and unable to reply. So after days more research, found kids of hers (now in their 50s). And ... after much effort, explained what I had.

I was sort of treated with suspicion (go figure, some utter/total stranger trying to convince them they had their grandfather's bracelet ??) . But eventually, convinced them of the story. And got them to give me a mailing address. I mailed it off. Never heard a thankyou or anything. Hence no story ? Kind of made me think "why did I bother?"

luv the patina on the IH's.

As for the ID bracelet : Good on the research to ID. Have you thought of repatriation to the "next of kin" ? I did that with a silver ID bracelet I found @ Ft. Ord , CA. Went through days of research to find the surviving widow of a WWII / Korean era veteran. She was now in her 90s. In an assisted living home. But not "of her wits" and unable to reply. So after days more research, found kids of hers (now in their 50s). And ... after much effort, explained what I had.

I was sort of treated with suspicion (go figure, some utter/total stranger trying to convince them they had their grandfather's bracelet ??) . But eventually, convinced them of the story. And got them to give me a mailing address. I mailed it off. Never heard a thankyou or anything. Hence no story ? Kind of made me think "why did I bother?"
Thanks Tom! As I was doing some research I found his wife is also dead and they were buried next to each other. I probably won't go any further trying to find kids or grandkids as I've had a couple instances similar to yours of "why did I bother"

Some super digging Jason and even better sharing the hunts with the girlfriend. I like your spill a whole lot more than mine from earlier this year as yours contained much older coins. The Indians really look good. Mine was just common Silver and Wheat's. Neat that you did the research on the bracelet but I agree I would not push it any further either. Hope you can get in a few more outings before the lady heads back home. Big congrats! Trapper

Nice !!!!
Right on pace for your 200 I see !!!

Nice little piece of history too.......

Some super digging Jason and even better sharing the hunts with the girlfriend. I like your spill a whole lot more than mine from earlier this year as yours contained much older coins. The Indians really look good. Mine was just common Silver and Wheat's. Neat that you did the research on the bracelet but I agree I would not push it any further either. Hope you can get in a few more outings before the lady heads back home. Big congrats! Trapper
Thanks buddy! I’ve had my two best spills this summer, who would have though that would happen. That’s what makes this hobby so great. My girlfriend flew back to Norway on Tuesday but we had a great time together.

That's some stellar digging right there! Nice Jam!!!
Thanks buddy!
Nice finds and glad you were able to share the hunt with your GF.
Thanks! I’m luck my girlfriend enjoys detecting.
I'd kill for a hunt like this!
Good luck!
Thanks
Wow, Jam, a great spill and old stuff too! Excellent finds!
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom