New nox 600

hunter1

Elite Member
Well I decided on the equinox 600 from Barts. Great person to deal with. I think the best. I have a Tesoro SS , but I wanted something with new tech also. I know it has some weak points but there were more good points about the machine. I'll use it for dry wet, and shallow surf. If it's rough surf I'll use the SS. Still like the SS but I don't wade out as far anymore at 70 yrs old. Any advise on setting her up and what to lookout for appreciated. I may have it in a couple of days or a week. I'm Happy.

Good luck with your new machine. I had a Sand Shark that I used for a few years. I like how that coil went through the water but it would also flop a lot in rougher surf. I think when you see what your Nox is capable of the SS will be straying in the closet.

I went from an X-Terra 705 to the Equinox 600 and had no problems. Since you seem to have a XT 505 you should be able to do the same. The interface and even some of the tones, target IDs and functions are very similar. However, the Equinox is a much higher gain detector than the XTerras so using the sensitivity level to calm the 600 down is key. Most people use Beach 1 at saltwater beaches until it becomes too unstable and then switch to Beach 2 especially in the surf.

Don't over tighten the coil nut and enjoy.

Thanks guys. On my SS coil I made a plexi glass brace for rough surf. Thanks again. I guesse Minelab still makes weak coil tabs. On my 505 I use nylon washers to take up the slack between the ears and the rubber shaft gromet.

There is a coil ear stiffener available for the nox, I think I may order one for mine,been thinking of hunting a beach in the water.

Congrads on the Nox, I think it was a good choice! That is Nox #93 in the bay...to.15 CZ21's ...4 CTX's.... 3 Excaliburs....1 Whites DF...and 1 Whites BHID.. The Nox's are Taking over!!:ehh:

And One "AQ"

Awesome detector! Bought mine a couple of months ago and noticed a definite increase in good finds versus junk. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the Nox is taking over. I was at the beach a week ago. Saw four other coil swingers and i was the only one not using a nox. I am stuck with having to use an Xcal.

Its a Great Machine

I have a 600 and an 800 and love both of them.

The 800 has some additional bells & whistles but the 600 will find and dig as good as an 800.

Congratulations, you'll love it.

Yes the Nox is taking over. I was at the beach a week ago. Saw four other coil swingers and i was the only one not using a nox. I am stuck with having to use an Xcal.

Yep, We are cursed to swing-ing this 25 year old technology..:ohwell:

Back
Top Bottom