Late Sunday Hunt

diggin4clad

Elite Member
On Sunday after lunch Sue and I headed out to a field next to a farm that according to someone I know has been used every year since around 1980 by a local church for a small carnival in the summer and a flea market/bazaar in the fall. With much cooler weather we were able to hunt for three hours and together we dug 89 coins worth $14.13 and three "treasures" including a relative of the Geico gecko. Sue beat me in coins 46-43 and in value....$7.97-$6.16 which gave her bragging rights for this hunt. :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0788.JPG
    IMG_0788.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_0789.JPG
    IMG_0789.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_0785.jpg
    IMG_0785.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
Nice finds D4C! That white house with the red roof in the background of your last pic looks really juicy for getting some old coins and relics.

You got your b*tt kicked by Sue ! And next thing you know, she's gonna be bagging some of those CT large cents right beside you ! :laughing:

What a great spot! It's been a long time since I found a spot with that many quarters. Definitely fun to keep digging up quarter after quarter! HH.

Fantastic quantity of finds for a 3 hour investment. I too find myself done most days after the same duration, but hopefully when it cools down into the 70's I can last longer. Sweating sucks...

Fantastic quantity of finds for a 3 hour investment. I too find myself done most days after the same duration, but hopefully when it cools down into the 70's I can last longer. Sweating sucks...
Thanks Bluesguitar.....hopefully the weather will start cooling off AND we'll get some rain around here to soften the ground.

Back
Top Bottom