V Day

deeper

Today, I hunted an older public park in Milwaukee that has been absolutely pounded over the last fifty years. As always, the challenge is to find a spot that you think hasn’t been hit as hard as others and go slow and really listen for the deep signals. If that isn’t working then look for items that most have missed as they cherry picked through the park. That’s what I did today using my Nox, a nickel sniffer. Three V-Nicks! TID of 12-13 is usually the ticket. Of course you have to be prepared to dig some beaver tails and tabs.

Attachments

• 39D0087A-9A76-48EB-B8E8-82CDBF38F1E4.jpeg
    39D0087A-9A76-48EB-B8E8-82CDBF38F1E4.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 445
  • 01B800D2-ECC1-43A5-B7A7-0C03B0D5883A.jpeg
    01B800D2-ECC1-43A5-B7A7-0C03B0D5883A.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 413
Nice, you don't see 3 V's come out every day. I think I only have 2 ever and they both came from the same general area but on different trips. Congrats

Curious: How much low conductor junk did you have to dig, to get those 3 V's ?

Nice, you don't see 3 V's come out every day. I think I only have 2 ever and they both came from the same general area but on different trips. Congrats

I had only dug one priorly. This was quite a surprise.

Sweet trifecta👍 live those v Nick's!

Thanks!

A 3 V day is awesome,, congrats!!

I totally agree! Thanks!

Curious: How much low conductor junk did you have to dig, to get those 3 V's ?

Believe it or not I dug maybe five or six beaver tails and tabs and a fountain pen cover. The area I was hunting was way back in the outfield of an old ball diamond near a tree line and relatively clean for an old park.

Wow , that was a phenomenal day . Three V's are all I've ever dug in the whole of my detecting career . Congrats !

Thanks!

Congrats on the V's! I found 2 V's within feet of each other back in February and those are my only 2 V's of the year. Well done!

WOW, 3 V's in ONE hunt ! congrats !!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reminder - gotta listen for those deep signals, haven't found a V yet, but I'll be paying closer attention to those deep 12-13 TIDs after reading your post :lol:

Awesome! One of my favorite coins. Happy Hunting

Thanks!

Congrats! I don't think I have ever seen three "V"s being dug in one hunt. Not an easy thing to do.

I would rather they were silver from the same years but I’m really happy with them.

Congratulations!
I don't have three V nickels all year.
See you on the next big one:D

I just got into a fruitful area. It surprised the heck out of me.

Congrats on the V's! I found 2 V's within feet of each other back in February and those are my only 2 V's of the year. Well done!

Two of these were only inches apart. The other was a hundred feet away. I went back today and found a 1919 buffalo.

WOW, 3 V's in ONE hunt ! congrats !!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reminder - gotta listen for those deep signals, haven't found a V yet, but I'll be paying closer attention to those deep 12-13 TIDs after reading your post :lol:

This (12-13) TID even gets war nickels.

Back
Top Bottom