Should I get a couple times used etrac for 500?

North Shore

For sale local to me, looks very clean seller says he cannot use it any more for physical reasons was hardly used at all. I do have a ctx but the etrac is still listed for 1500 bucks currently and I hear it's unreal on silver

Well if you were in another state, I would say go for it! BUT :lol: the etrac stinks, and so doesnt the CTX :laughing: I think your best option is Tesoro or bounty hunter :giggle: all joking aside, I would absolutely do it!

I have had an Explorer2 since 2015 and a CTX since 2016. An opportunity came along and I got an eTrac this past summer also, a machine planted firmly in between my two existing machines. I personally found that it did not add much to my hunting, though I initially did OK with it. This is subjective, and each machine has advocates for it for different reasons, but I found that the CTX does everything the etrac does, and whatever those two do NOT do, the Explorer does. I know that is very “grey” sounding, but having a CTX AND an eTrac to me doesn’t make sense, I would take the CTX every time. After 200 hours on the eTrac, I resold it. Is it a legendary silver hunter? Of course. And if you have 500$ to throw at it, having it around in case something happens to the CTX makes good sense. I have the Explorer2 in case something happens to my CTX, so I’m covered. But to have them BOTH as “primary machines”.....not me.
As a side note...I found the ergonomics of the eTrac to be terrible. It felt heavy even with the stock coil and it KILLED my arm after a couple hours. The fact I put 200 hours on it in the time I had it was a feat in itself. JMO...

I've found nearly 1400 silvers with my E-Trac, and that is with taking a few years off. Its a good machine.

But, what they say about the ergonomics is true. Its a hard machine to swing physically, but you get used to it as the silvers are flying out of the ground (at least I did). OTOH, on those rough days, when the silvers are staying home and watching Mork and Mindy on channel 57 or whatever it is they do on their off days, your arm and shoulder will hurt.

Back
Top Bottom