Anyone familiar with the Vibra Probe 585?

John Madill

Elite Member
I have a Garrett Pro-Pointer AT pinpointer. But when i put it in the hole i've just dug and it signals i don't know if it is sensing the target at the tip and i need to dig deeper or if it is reading off the side of the pointer and my hole needs to be widened.

I've been reading about the Treasure Products Vibra Probe 585 that is American made and only reads off the tip. Wonder if there is anyone here familiar with it. Seems like it might work better for me in the holes.

Still love the side-reading carrot for scanning piles of sand at the beach tho.

I've seen this issue raised before, but I've never understood it...well, unless the holes are only 2" wide :D. I mean, I just move the pointer a little to hone in on the target with the tip of the pinpointer.

Are you not able to do that for some reason? Or am I missing something completely obvious?

Maybe i just need to lower the sensitivity. But usually my hole will be 6" to 8" wide.

And the carrot may signal on two sidewalls and the bottom. And along the sidewall it may give a signal from top to bottom.

Everything is fine if it's in the plug. This is the most frustrating part of detecting for me.

Thanks for the reply.

6" to 8" wide plugs and you get it signaling on two sidewalls and the bottom?

The only way I can see that happening is if it was a giant target, or something not right going on with the carrot.

Sometimes in the field, I'm digging so much, that I leave my pinpointer on and hold it by my side (the battery lasts forever anyway lol). But I'll occasionally have to turn it off and and to re-tune it, because sometimes the tuning gets "stuck" and makes the pinpointer sound like its always detecting a target.

I've never heard of the Vibra Probe, and was wondering what I would see when I googled it lol.

The tilt on/off looks pretty neat, and relates to my previous post about just leaving my pinpointer on.

I don't like the fact that it's vibrate only, unless the vibration can be easily felt through gloves. Plus, vibration eats up way more battery power than an audio indicator. On the other hand, a speaker and buttons are the weak spots on traditional pinpointers. Just about every pinpointer failure is because of the speaker and buttons. The Vibra has neither of these :)

Oh this too:

There's a few videos on YouTube about the Vibra.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom