It's time to bring Sophie back...(Detectorists fans please step in.)

CountyWorker

The Lord of the Cheap Rings
Forum Supporter
...with some historic information, she recently uncovered, and have her coerce Andy and Lance into joining her in her hunt for ________. They would travel "up north" in the TR7, where among other things they would stop at a fish and chips food cart that happened to be operated by Mags and Tony. Tony would be wearing some sort of silly hat - maybe a stuffed fish on it - and there would be left over crystals and other "tat" for sale all over the cart. :lol:

At some point they would need to enlist the "full weight of the DMDC" to help them. Phil and Paul would now be full members of the DMDC.

Andy and Becky will have used his share of the gold to pay Becky's mom back for the loan and to also completely restore their new farmhouse.

Lance and Toni are now married. Kate still lives on the boat.

Opening scene is at the clubhouse and Sophie opens the door during a meeting in a reminiscent type scene from her first appearance at the clubhouse.

Larry is a character that would be nice to retain.

If we use "the full weight of the FMDF" to help with script ideas, maybe we can compel Mackenzie Crook into filming another Series of Detectorists! :D

C'mon folks, whatcha got! :thinking:

Last edited:
It's time to bring Sophie back...

This is funny! Finally someone stumps Tom! I was a bit bewildered too at first not knowing if I should come in so I exited stage right...>>>>>>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...with some historic information, she recently uncovered, and have her coerce Andy and Lance into joining her in her hunt for ________. They would travel "up north" in the TR7, where among other things they would stop at a fish and chips food cart that happened to be operated by Mags and Tony. Tony would be wearing some sort of silly hat and there would be left over crystals and other "tat" for sale all over the cart. :lol:

At some point they would need to enlist the "full weight of the DMDC" to help them. Phil and Paul would now be full members of the DMDC.

Andy and Becky will have used his share of the gold to pay Becky's mom back for the loan and to also completely restore their new farmhouse.

Opening scene is at the clubhouse and Sophie opens the door during a meeting in a reminiscent type scene from her first appearance at the clubhouse.

If we use "the full weight of the FMDF" to help with script ideas, maybe we can compel Mackenzie Crook into filming another Series of Detectorists! :D

It seemed season 3 was it for this series... and after the quality of season 3 i cannsee why

It seemed season 3 was it for this series... and after the quality of season 3 i cannsee why

Didn’t like Series 3? Well, help write Series 4! :theatral: Maybe it was the absence of Sophie in Series 3 that you didn't like? :hmmm:

Mackenzie Crook is actually a detectorist and could very well be a member here, so give him some ideas that he can’t resist. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Binge watched the whole series about a year ago. A bit of Red Green and Benny Hill type British comedy with Metal Detecting as the main focus. You've got to appreciate that sort of tom foolery, but if you do, well worth your time!

And here's a Pint to you CountyWorker for bringing back the memories!

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 2,494
Binge watched the whole series about a year ago. A bit of Red Green and Benny Hill type British comedy with Metal Detecting as the main focus. You've got to appreciate that sort of tom foolery, but if you do, well worth your time!

And here's a Pint to you CountyWorker for bringing back the memories!

:cheers:

...with some historic information, she recently uncovered, and have her coerce Andy and Lance into joining her in her hunt for ________. They would travel "up north" in the TR7, where among other things they would stop at a fish and chips food cart that happened to be operated by Mags and Tony. Tony would be wearing some sort of silly hat - maybe a stuffed fish on it - and there would be left over crystals and other "tat" for sale all over the cart. :lol:

All seven of us!

Russell and Hugh will have finally got their Ghostbuster-like van for their retrieval service. :lol: They could be wearing some gaudy matching shirts or hats, for their business, in the opening scene. And they could have a big endorsement from the mayor painted on the side of their van, as the result of another harmless blackmail for where they found the mayor's chain. :laughing:

Like tom i said Huh. and after reading all the posts i am still saying HUH.

So, you've never heard of the only television program to ever center around metal detecting? A show that not only had metal detecting as the central part of its plot, but a show that was also critically acclaimed and won numerous awards? :wow:

That's unfortunate for you, but don't despair! Netflix or Amazon Prime will allow you to view all three Series(Seasons)! :yes:

After shows like Diggers and Curse of Oak Island i do not watch any television show about detecting. I have never heard of the show that you were talking about.

Since i do not like 90 percent of the movies that are made i do not use netflix.

After shows like Diggers and Curse of Oak Island i do not watch any television show about detecting. I have never heard of the show that you were talking about.

Since i do not like 90 percent of the movies that are made i do not use netflix.

It's not a reality show, it's a sitcom. Two different animals.

Here's all three Series, including the "Christmas Special" episode on DVD for $15 shipped. Maybe even cheaper, since the seller is accepting offers. Looks like a Region 1 (USA) set , but you may want to message the seller to double check.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/detectoris...232007?hash=item3672060887:g:ChIAAOSwzcdf7RQy

Okay, which one of you bought the set? :lol:

Maybe, after watching all three Series, whoever bought the set will have some Series 4 plot ideas for Mackenzie!

We need a plot twist! C'mon detectorists, don't live up to the stereotypical dullards that we are viewed as! :laughing:

Not a plot twist, but it would be funny, since her rarely speaking is one of the quirks of the show, if Varde is stumbled upon by part of the group doing something that requires a lot of speaking. An auctioneer maybe? :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom