Just Joined From Minnesota

Langer

Hello! I have mainly joined to help my son. Last year I picked up a very cheap detector from Menards over black friday. He has fun poking around while were camping with it. I don't have any experience with detecting. This Christmas I'd like to pick up a better quality detector for my 16 year old son. Any advice on what detector to get for a couple of inexperienced guys to start a new hobby together would be greatly appreciated!

-Matt

Hello! I have mainly joined to help my son. Last year I picked up a very cheap detector from Menards over black friday. He has fun poking around while were camping with it. I don't have any experience with detecting. This Christmas I'd like to pick up a better quality detector for my 16 year old son. Any advice on what detector to get for a couple of inexperienced guys to start a new hobby together would be greatly appreciated!

-Matt
I am happy you are teaching your son ! You sure hit the right site, so many good people in here. :chaplin::chaplin::chaplin::chaplin:
too_

+1 on the 400 or Simplex. He won’t outgrow either one anytime soon.
Welcome from CT and Happy Hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello from Texas. I have a brother in St Cloud. I'm up there every Sept visiting him and fishing around the state. Have fun.

Welcome aboard, from the Tall Corn State and your neighbor to the South, Iowa! And, in terms of good entry-level detectors, what they said!

Welcome Aboard! Don't know what your budget is, but the NOKTA Simplex seems to have a good following, gives you a waterproof machine for the least money and is a pretty straight forward machine. I don't own one but have used one on a few hunts and it's a lot of machine for the money! Just my 2 cents worth though...

Maybe I am out of line but, why does someone post and ask a question over 24 hours ago, and gotten many responses of good help, and not responded?

Just seems strange. It just bogs down the system IMPO.

Maybe I am out of line but, why does someone post and ask a question over 24 hours ago, and gotten many responses of good help, and not responded?

Just seems strange. It just bogs down the system IMPO.

When my wife is working her 3 12's at the hospital, she will usually go to bed on Friday at about 11 AM, wake at 3PM and shower, eat, dress for work and leave by 5PM. She gets home around 8AM and showers, eats and goes to bed until 4PM when it all starts again. After her last night she will come home at 8 go to bed after eating (I generally make a bigger breakfast this day) and gets up around 3 and we generally go out to eat. So it's usually 5 days from when she might put something on a group until she's even got time to look at it again. So let's give the guy a break, maybe he's got the same schedule...

oh, and yes I'm retired, she's got 4 more years so I'm the chief cook and bottle washer around here.

:cool3:

Back
Top Bottom