New Minelab Manticore

Kob

{ Thanks for bringing this thread back down to earth ! I think this will be a pretty good machine. Much better than the Nox. But I also believe it will be out next year sometime. } :lol: Im waiting for you to get one :yes: , but your wifes gonna have to buy you a new scoop first , if the depth is as DEEP as the HYPE :digginahole::friends:

So anyway….. I’m looking forward to trying the Manticore. I was hoping the tones would sound similar to FBS when running multi tone, but I remember one of the testers saying it was more like an Equinox. Either way, the new version of Target Trace, better build quality, expanded ID scale, color screen, familiar menu and all the other features are enough to make me want to try it out. I’m not in any big hurry to get it. Still enjoying the learning process with the D2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

{ Thanks for bringing this thread back down to earth ! I think this will be a pretty good machine. Much better than the Nox. But I also believe it will be out next year sometime. } :lol: Im waiting for you to get one :yes: , but your wifes gonna have to buy you a new scoop first , if the depth is as DEEP as the HYPE :digginahole::friends:

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets 2"- 4" deeper than the Nox. Mainly because I think the tones and separation will be much better to hear along with a threshold. The Nox can be very noisy or "dirty" as I call it when really trying to hear faint , deep targets. I believe the Manticore will bring these out better and at a faster clip compared to a snails pace with the Nox. But then again , I haven't seen Jack squat of any mineralized salt beach videos.

Kob

The Nox is , when I hunt , my go to machine with the 15 , however EMI was a negative with my Nox around the condos , does fair in the black sand , but not the best.
The Df couldnt be beat in both areas , 4 inches more is fine , but still looking for a game changer Pi waterproof salt.machine out of Minelab , instead of 5 more VLFs , seems , The beach / water hunters are forgotten , almost Dec. Xtreme- still no scoops , better Stavr up bro. , still interested in the Manticore , I am a fan of Nice Cf telescopic shafts , looks like ML did this model real nice , CTX style , Sweet , happy hunting .

I'm all for "new mousetraps" (they're fine & dandy), but I am convinced that : 99% of "good finds" are a function of : Location location location. Not : machine machine machine.

I'm using 20 yr. old technology (Explorer II) and : Do just fine . I keep up with my buddies using the "latest greatest". Admittedly though : I reach for the old Tesoro silver sabre or Deus I, when super-iron-ridden masking conditions present themselves . Doh !

Good post Tom..Love my old "silent" search Tesoro's, all 8 of them..Few Tesoro or other beep users have tripped over a stump, got an eye poked with a limb, turned an ankle or missed some scenic nature scape while busy staring at a screen and wondering if you should switch to one of the other 18 programs or at least fiddle with the push buttons...I too owe my best finds to the Ol warhorses that keep on keepin on..I always carry an oldie along with the new latest and use it too.

Last edited:
Good post Tom..Love my old "silent" search Tesoro's, all 8 of them..Few Tesoro or other beep users have tripped over a stump, got an eye poked with a limb, or missed some scenic nature scape while busy staring at a screen and wondering if you should switch to one of the other 18 programs or at least fiddle with the push buttons...I too owe my best finds to the Ol warhorses that keep on keepin on..I always carry an oldie along with the new latest and use it too.

Question. If they were great "old warhorses", why did you need 8 of them then ?

Because I can...some have a room full of guns, or rods and reels, or too many vehicles, too many wives??...ect

Because I can...some have a room full of guns, or rods and reels, or too many vehicles, too many wives??...ect
Ok. Maybe I misunderstood your comment. Thought the Tesoros were all the same , that's all. Have had about 6 White's PI's. All were similar great machines. I just destroyed or sold them.

i caught a giant bass years ago. i wanted to mount it but there were people around......

As a semi-retired photographer i can say keeping up with metal detectors is WAY cheaper than cameras.

You can get a Simplex or Vanquish 440 for under $300. Spend around $600 and you have a Equinox 600 or an XP ORX.

And for hobbyists the BEST OF THE BEST might be an XP Deus or this new Manticore and you are only looking at $1,600.

In the world of digital cameras and lenses, those that will really do the job, $1,600 is a drop in the bucket.

Back
Top Bottom