Legend Software Update question ?

Brucem

Just got my legend and haven't used it yet. It was delivered with Version 1.07.
My question is, do I have to install version 1.08 before installing V 1.09, or can I just install Version 1.09, and skip V 1.08 altogether ?
Went to site and now even more confused. The download is for the Legend Update Tool v1.6 which says it includes system software 1.05, 1.07 and 1.09.
When I extract it though I get the Legend Update Tool and a whole bunch of windows drivers in seperate places, but no bin files at all.

Last edited:
Just got my legend and haven't used it yet. It was delivered with Version 1.07.
My question is, do I have to install version 1.08 before installing V 1.09, or can I just install Version 1.09, and skip V 1.08 altogether ?
Went to site and now even more confused. The download is for the Legend Update Tool v1.6 which says it includes system software 1.05, 1.07 and 1.09.
When I extract it though I get the Legend Update Tool and a whole bunch of windows drivers in seperate places, but no bin files at all.

1.08 is no longer available to download and install

when the 1.08 was put out some of us reported some issues with the 1.08 so Nokta/Macro quickly took the 1.08 down and brought out 1.09 so if you want to update your only choice is 1.09 or revert to 1.05 which I would not recommend and don't know if you even could with yours having 1.07

when you do update to 1.09 do not forget to do a factory reset (that is critical)

I also highly suggest while you are on the Nokta/Macro site downloading the 1.09 update that you also download the updated 1.09 user manual and print it out the new updated manual includes all the new available settings and features included in the 1.09 update, the manual that came with your 1.07 version Legend will not include all the new features and settings

How do you do a factory reset?
I finally got the machine to update.
Do you just hold the power on button for 30 seconds ?
OK think I got it now, just go into profile and hold down the pinpoint/Accept reject button until Fd appears.

How do you do a factory reset?
I finally got the machine to update.
Do you just hold the power on button for 30 seconds ?
OK think I got it now, just go into profile and hold down the pinpoint/Accept reject button until Fd appears.[/QUOTE

while the Legend is booted up click the power button once then with the right arrow move over to the little man that is user profiles once on the little man hold down the pin point reject button (bottom middle button) keep holding it down you will see some lines going around the Legend screen keep holding pin point reject button until you see FD appear on the legend screen
(you have now performed a factory reset)

Factory reset is only available if 1.09 firmware update is installed on the Legend
(Not available on 1.07 versions)

you do this procedure each and every time you install any and all updates to the Legend

one last thing Delik has stated many times to not try to do the factory reset by holding power button down 30 seconds

Back
Top Bottom