Fisher F-Pulse help

dumbdigger

Elite Member
Just got F Pulse from Trashfinder here on the
forum.

My question is while I was out with it,
about the half way point, I went to turn it on and it wouldnt turn on.
Everytime I pressed to turn it on, it would only vibrate.
It would just vibrate no matter what.
Until I took the batteries out and reinstalled them.
After that it was functioning properly again.

Anyone else have this happen? Is this normal? Is it just a fart?

TIA Jer

Last edited:
I have 2 F Pulses and they only do that when the batteries get low.
Even if your batteries are unused, are they "fresh" or "fully juiced"?

Also could be the battery spring in the cap lid. I read that was an issue on some of the original F Pulse units.
Either CAREFULLY stretch that spring a little to make better contact, or put a tiny copper shim in there to increase the contact.

Thanks Dave, I planned on getting new batteries for the next hunt
I'll check the spring as well.
Jer

You can tell a lot if you shake the pointer by your ear and see if you hear the batteries being loose. These are what the springs look like. First Texas sent me the stronger spring.

Attachments

• 459281D4-07E2-42F9-A8FA-7BD2C11E09FA.jpg
    459281D4-07E2-42F9-A8FA-7BD2C11E09FA.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 142
It is kind of funny, I did shake it right next to my ear to see if I could hear something. I didnt.

short weak spring, is what I am seeing.

First Texas didn't hesitate sending me the stronger spring. I buy buy first one new though. My replacement F-Pulse failed in the field on the first hunt. It went nuts with any movement and it was battery bounce. if it doesn't act up with some gentle bumping, it may be fine. Wouldn't hurt to ask them about it.

I enjoy the feeling of the stronger spring cinching down tighter when I replace the battery cap. Curious. Have you air tested yours, and what do you get on a dime or quarter?

Back
Top Bottom