Hunted Diva Beach

Nice photo layout. Drips of thick target placement. Oh, and nice paperclip ! (how deep was it ??) :cool:

Awesome haul Craig....gold and silver always makes for a great day.

Thanks Jim.. don't have much times these days helping out the wife after her knee replacement surgury and my elderly mom... I have to do all the cooking, shopping and ferrying them both to the DR or PT..

Congrats on the Kitty bling! Oh and on the gold too!

Thanks Numil.. George will be happy everyone loves his kitten ring :lol:

Nice chunk of 14k, congrats! :cool:

Thanks Irons.. found it at the bottom of the slope... must have been a fresh drop that slid down the slope into the rocks because it was 2 inches under them and the date was from 2017

Nice photo layout. Drips of thick target placement. Oh, and nice paperclip ! (how deep was it ??) :cool:

Thanks Tom... the paperclip or the ring :lol:

Nice hunt

Craig congrats on the gold, if your going to hunt the slops and beach why not use a Nox , Excals water, thats my plan this year, adding the Ctx3030 for beach & wet, back to the gym, Felix pennies id 21 :lol: you can catch up howboutit :D. Ps Its not Diva beach till we see Eye Candy :cheer: & im not talking about Felix in his Speedo's

Good to see you got out... On some of those laser etched rings, the metal its etched to is "super metals" with gold/plat on the outside. Like a ring sandwich... Don't need to ask how I know...

Then why have a nox?

Congrats on the gold Craig

Now that is funny...

1 It works in salwater and iron
2 Its lightweight
3 who cares sand is easy digging.:grin:

1. it falls on its face in mineralization...
2. so is a pin-pointer...
3. I guess some people enjoy hunting the towel line... :p

Sweet hunt Craig.

If you recall, that's why I always epoxied my cover on the coils. Never had to worry about sand or wearing out. When I seen it was wearing through the cover, I just had to add more epoxy and never damaged the coil itself.

Occasional hunters don't have to worry, but we were hunting 5-7 days a week ( weather permitting ) and it doesn't take long to wear through the coil.

Craig congrats on the gold, if your going to hunt the slops and beach why not use a Nox , Excals water, thats my plan this year, adding the Ctx3030 for beach & wet, back to the gym, Felix pennies id 21 :lol: you can catch up howboutit :D. Ps Its not Diva beach till we see Eye Candy :cheer: & im not talking about Felix in his Speedo's

Earl.. why do I need another detector when I am successful with my current detectors? I'm not like you or others that need the latest and greatest... when are you going to learn that its the guy who run the detector that makes it successful and not the other way around? Keep spending your money... do yourself a huge favor and master just one detector and maybe your hunts will change. If they don't then find a new spot to hunt... go to the library look up the history of your area... I did this for years to keep me finding the goods... you are retired you have plenty of time to do research..

You will never see a picture of the beaches I hunt unless I do it to throw off the scavengers around here who like to raid others spots.

Good to see you got out... On some of those laser etched rings, the metal its etched to is "super metals" with gold/plat on the outside. Like a ring sandwich... Don't need to ask how I know...

All I can tell you is I acid tested it twice and it holds at 14 and melts at 18... I can get out when the patients are sleeping or not going to doctors or PT.. ;)

Love the gold & silver, plus the old junk that hides around it...

Jerry

Thanks Jerry... I have the PI mentality... dig it all.

Sweet hunt Craig.

If you recall, that's why I always epoxied my cover on the coils. Never had to worry about sand or wearing out. When I seen it was wearing through the cover, I just had to add more epoxy and never damaged the coil itself.

Occasional hunters don't have to worry, but we were hunting 5-7 days a week ( weather permitting ) and it doesn't take long to wear through the coil.

Frank I do it the same way you do it... it wore out the coil cover is flaking off in area's... I'll take care of it today so I can hunt rest of week... I will need to try and peel the cover off in spots or just leave it on where it remains and just epoxy around it. :lol:

Great haul Craig, been pretty quiet down there recently. Was wondering if one of the winter storms dumped a bunch of sand on you guys. Glad to see there's still some oldies within reach, congrats!

Great haul Craig, been pretty quiet down there recently. Was wondering if one of the winter storms dumped a bunch of sand on you guys. Glad to see there's still some oldies within reach, congrats!

Some of the beaches are sanded in... but the sand came from somewhere so you find where and you hunt that scoured out spot ;) I love these guys who look at a beach and say its all sanded in up here and go someplace else..

Love that chunky Band! And glad to read your not a Noxer! I've seen several the last few visits to the beaches here in the bay, boy they sure love that screen...and I'm still smiling..:D..:confetti:

I met up with Mark and George this week for a beach hunt... George found a really nice "Hello Kitty" ring and change :D... No clue what Mark found as he was trying out his Dry Suit... I meandered around from the slope to the water then slope again... found a little silver and a 14k white and yellow gold band.. for you Noxers it came up as a 14 on screen... I took before and after of the silver... cleaned it up with some soapy steel wool :D

The hallmark and date in ring were laser cut into the gold.. I never seen that before but I did google it and I see its being done these days...

May try to get out later on or stay home and redo the epoxy on te bottom of my Excal's coil... its wearing down from the scrubbing I do..

Congrats to you on the gold and all the targets!

...and I'm still smiling..:D..:confetti:

....while you keep filling your gettyimages-72891647-612x612.jpg with gold.

"The hallmark and date in ring were laser cut into the gold.. I never seen that before but I did google it and I see its being done these days... "

Beware the plated stainless steel.

MK

Love that chunky Band! And glad to read your not a Noxer! I've seen several the last few visits to the beaches here in the bay, boy they sure love that screen...and I'm still smiling..:D..:confetti:

Thanks Joe... a screen would crive me insane at the beach... I'm so used to using hunt by tone machines from pulse to the GT and now Excal why bother I do just fine with it.

Congrats to you on the gold and all the targets!

Thanks 71

"The hallmark and date in ring were laser cut into the gold.. I never seen that before but I did google it and I see its being done these days... "

Beware the plated stainless steel.

MK

When I take it to the melt guy I will find out :lol: but acid tested it twice thinking the same thing and each time got gold on the stone... held at 14 vanished at 18 good enough for me ;)

Cfm- Old School -Ct- reply back

For not using a Nox, i see alot of junk target"s only one gold, what ever you were using not in the water, might not be the ticket, for me i look at all new technology, now as far as using all the equipment & which one for the condition's , i have more choice's to were you are limited , hunting more is my only issue that i have to address, nobody can help me on that , but myself, if more was here beside's clad , i would have hunted more this winter, not making excuses here , Probably wouldn't have hunted any this winter if it wasn't for the dog, glad to see you out, can't say i agree , with using a Excalibur on the slopes if that's what you were using, i would have been using a light weight Nox wireless, eliminating all those junk target's you spent energy digging, you must be related to Felix :lol: :?: Did you were speedo's in your younger day"s howboutit :lol:

For not using a Nox, i see alot of junk target"s only one gold, what ever you were using not in the water, might not be the ticket, for me i look at all new technology, now as far as using all the equipment & which one for the condition's , i have more choice's to were you are limited , hunting more is my only issue that i have to address, nobody can help me on that , but myself, if more was here beside's clad , i would have hunted more this winter, not making excuses here , Probably wouldn't have hunted any this winter if it wasn't for the dog, glad to see you out, can't say i agree , with using a Excalibur on the slopes if that's what you were using, i would have been using a light weight Nox wireless, eliminating all those junk target's you spent energy digging, you must be related to Felix :lol: :?: Did you were speedo's in your younger day"s howboutit :lol:

What has all this new technology done for you? Earl... My Excal is deeper than the Nox now why would I want to go backwards?

Have you ever thought about taking up Golf?

Back
Top Bottom