Has anyone on here ever found a cache?

CTKidd

Elite Member
I am not asking you to divulge where, or the amount if you don't want to, but I was curious if anyone on here has ever found a cache of any significance?

Has anyone on here ever found more than one?

What is the best way to approach researching and locating area's that might produce a cache for those of you that have been successful?

Thanks again,
CTKidd

I don't think you're going to get any truthful answers in the positive. Go to thetreasurecorner.com and listen to some of the podcasts by Dan about cache hunting. The first rule is.....NEVER TALK ABOUT FINDING A CACHE. If you find one, congrats, but keep it to yourself or you could have to deal with unwanted attention from unforseen places. Hope this helps answer your question.

Never found one and the only advice I ever got was to check around fence posts and the walls of old houses.

Dusty

My Grandfather passed in 1982 and he had kept a family stash of gold coins in a machined tube (he was a machinist) which I think was 24 coins at 1 oz each. When he died suddenly of a heart attack no one knows where he burried it on his property and is lost to this day. People who are older can remember when wall street crashed and the banks failed! Gold and silver is and was often kept at home and hidden in a cache or even several caches.
Sometimes people died like grandpa suddenly or were upset by even more tragic events which left these caches where they are to this day!
I would take care in removal and notification of any cache found!
Depending on size and estimated value you might want to get in touch with those who have reported there finds or at least investigate what there experience was like.
Good luck finding a cache and good hunting, Doug...........

I don't think you're going to get any truthful answers in the positive. Go to thetreasurecorner.com and listen to some of the podcasts by Dan about cache hunting. The first rule is.....NEVER TALK ABOUT FINDING A CACHE. If you find one, congrats, but keep it to yourself or you could have to deal with unwanted attention from unforseen places. Hope this helps answer your question.

Good answer!

Cache's are just something we dream about, I don't think people really find such things. But if I wanted to try to find a cache, I would listen to local legends and stories they might be true. Then do the research. Then the search.
Also know you local treasure trove laws and make sure you get permission.

Wow...that video was awesome. Wish I could find that....

Yeah, I remember when that video came out, I thojght it was cool.. but there was a big discussion on this board about how coolit was andlots of comments about the video being staged and fake...

So even if you did find a good cache people wouldn't believe you anyway.. so it is best to keep it to yourself..:D

46 wheaties in a snuff can..........all 1940,s

Thanks for adding to the thread. That is an awesome find. Wish I knew the story behind it. Probably some kid using it as a piggy bank. I used to use an old metal bandaid box for my coins. I buried in my yard in Montana, and completely forgot about it when we moved to Texas. I always said I was going to go back and get it some day.

That video was awesome, I can only imagine what it would be like to find something like that.

I didn't expect a lot of replies on this thread, as people who find these things probably keep it hush hush.

Keep on looking,
CTKidd

I've only found one cache so far, it was buried in the sand in a volleyball court:
IMG_4915.jpg

IMG_4917.jpg

IMG_4918.jpg

There was one posted on this site some time back, maybe someone can find the post. It was by a person who was a moderator a while back (east coast). It was composed of large cents, a whole bunch of them. It had pictures of the coins and is worth a look.

I am not asking you to divulge where, or the amount if you don't want to, but I was curious if anyone on here has ever found a cache of any significance?

Has anyone on here ever found more than one?

Yes.

Yes.

'Nuff said.

Back
Top Bottom